Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

maternity fitness wear

(10 Posts)
mumwhoruns Fri 26-Feb-16 13:01:40

I'd like to get some cool maternity gym and yoga wear but can't find much out there. Any recommendations?

malvinandhobbes Fri 26-Feb-16 13:24:09

I like the fit mama bottoms. I found the top way too tight (at only 18 weeks!), but the capri and yoga trousers have been fantastic. They are a bit pricey, but I wear them several times a week and am glad to have them.

MetalMidget Fri 26-Feb-16 14:51:53

I'm keen to hear recommendations on this too - I want to get more cycling done, but my normal gear is starting to get a bit tight around the bump (or rolls up/down. I'm a size 14 top, but a size 18 (crazy thighs -_-), so companies that do larger sizes would be appreciated!

CommanderShepherd Fri 26-Feb-16 14:54:32

I'm a fan of the Mothercare yoga pants, very comfy but prone to developing holes

TriJo Fri 26-Feb-16 16:06:02

MetalMidget - not maternity specific but Fat Lass At The Back (yes, the name is a bit tongue-in-cheek) do up to a size 26 in cycling gear, you could just go up a couple of sizes in their shorts?

I never bothered with maternity-specific sports gear - I bought a couple of cheap size 16 tops from Wiggle (was a 10-12 before) and added a bump band with my normal capris and leggings around 20 weeks. I bought a pair of Adidas leggings one size up that sits below my bump a couple of weeks ago (I'm 37 weeks on Sunday) as well.

TriJo Fri 26-Feb-16 16:08:14

I also found that my running shorts that sat very low on my hips (Nike Tempo, Adidas M10 etc) worked absolutely fine until I stopped running at 25 weeks without any adjustments.

hedgehog01 Fri 26-Feb-16 16:46:09

Fit 2 b mum does a good range. has lasted well - am about to start wearing it in my second pregnancy.

mumwhoruns Sun 28-Feb-16 18:31:07

Thanks doesn't seem to be much cool stuff but will take a gander X

Runningupthathill82 Sun 28-Feb-16 18:50:58

Fittamamma capris are great - only annoyance is that there's no pocket for a key. The support top is also good but, like a pp said, only fit my bump in early pregnancy.

After that I wore Decathlon Kalenji tops to run in. Their long vests are great, come in some v nice colours - and are also cheap (handy when you keep needing to buy bigger sizes!)

Liv1234 Thu 24-Nov-16 13:22:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now