Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

weird- is this pregnancy related?

(12 Posts)
applesvpears Wed 24-Feb-16 19:39:19

Since this morning I have had a really bad pain in my right bum cheek. It is not constant but every now and then I will feel a sharp pain that stops me in my tracks. I have not been to the gym and it started this morning before I had really done much at all. Does anyone know if it is pregnancy related or just a random bum pain? confused

outputgap Wed 24-Feb-16 19:51:44

How pregnant are you?

It does sound pregnancy related. I had sciatica towards the end of pregnancy and mostly felt it in my arse. The joys.

applesvpears Wed 24-Feb-16 20:06:23

I am 35 weeks. I looked in my pregnancy book which said sometimes pelvic girdle pain is mainly in the bum. Oh the joys!!!!

Luckystar1 Wed 24-Feb-16 20:09:14

Sounds like sciatica... It is literally a pain in the arse. Does it radiate down your leg sometimes? The back of your like that is

Luckystar1 Wed 24-Feb-16 20:09:28

Leg not like...

Wombat79 Wed 24-Feb-16 20:34:23

Sounds like piriformis spasm. You can stretch it which might help but probably need to look at strengthening gluts too. Pilates would help if it's possible.

applesvpears Wed 24-Feb-16 22:41:36

It's literally in the arse not down my leg. I feel so uncomfortable tonight. Ass pain, heart burn. As well as looking like a spotty chubster. I almost feel grateful that I will be induced at 38 weeks !

outputgap Wed 24-Feb-16 23:06:27

Isn't pregnancy great? I don't (touch wood) have sciatica this time, but my ears hurt from sleeping on my side, I have piles, spots, cystic acne and the worst cold I can remember for years.

FuzzyOwl Wed 24-Feb-16 23:06:58

Yes, I had exactly this from about four/five months. Sorry, but nothing got rid of it.

cantbelieveImquittingcoffee Thu 25-Feb-16 13:27:31

Maybe try rolling on a tennis ball (or spikey massage ball if you happen to have one laying around...!) - I developed this all of a sudden yesterday after sitting still for too long conducting interviews for my maternity cover!

dizzylemon Thu 25-Feb-16 14:38:03

Sounds like Sciatica. I have it every now and again but I think I've largely been staving it off with the pregnancy yoga and swimming. I had a bit prior to pregnancy and stretches usually helped.

sambababy Fri 26-Feb-16 00:31:33

I don't know what it is but I get it too, happened in my last pregnancy as well. Only happens for me in certain positions and physio has kneaded my butt cheek really hard to release the pain on a few occasions. Also been told to do lots of butt exercises but doesn't sound like there's a cure besides birth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now