Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

am i pregnant?!

(13 Posts)
warkey99 Wed 24-Feb-16 15:28:21

me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for about 6 months now using the pull out method. My period isn't due until monday but I can't tell if im pregnant or if im just having period symptom. I'm very constipated, my boobs are very firm, im getting a lot of spots, im very tired, and im passing a lot of wind. I dont know if its too early to test or maybe im just being paranoid.

frikadela01 Wed 24-Feb-16 15:33:00

Wait until you're period is due and do a test. Everything you've described could be period related.

Ginmakesitallok Wed 24-Feb-16 15:33:29

Yes you're pregnant!!!

(No not really- I don't know)

Runner05 Wed 24-Feb-16 15:48:36

Get a first response early response test. If you've been using such a astoundingly unreliable method of contraception for 6 months then there is a good chance.

(And if you're not yet you probably will be eventually)

StarkyTheDirewolf Wed 24-Feb-16 17:26:04

Agree with runner get a frer. And stop using such an unreliable and frankly silly method if you don't want to get pregnant. Pulling out isn't a contraceptive.

PatriciaHolm Wed 24-Feb-16 17:35:28

yes. Or no. One or the other.

LouLou030783 Wed 24-Feb-16 18:51:51

Using the pull out method my god!!! Please tell me u are not serious I think someone needs to have a proper sex ed talk with u

Vixxfacee Wed 24-Feb-16 18:53:21

Yes you are

sepa Wed 24-Feb-16 18:58:09

Are you TTC? I can't tell because surely people don't rely on the pull out method as contraception? But why would you withdraw if your TTC?

KayTee87 Thu 25-Feb-16 17:27:53

This 'method' does not work and I'm astounded that in 2016 people still think it does.
No one can tell you if you're pregnant you need to do a test once your period is late.

Littleredhead1983 Thu 25-Feb-16 17:33:33

I think everyone's being a bit harsh on the OP without knowing the full story.

For the last year or so of our relationship my boyfriend and I were using the pull out method (and even then only around the time I should have been ovulating). We weren't actively TTC but I hated the pill and all other forms of hormonal BC and we both hate condoms. We had a long discussion and decided we'd go with pull out and ovulation monitoring, knowing it was fairly risky but accepting the risk.

As it happened, I never did fall pregnant- it was only as we were breaking up and we had drunk, unprotected, non pull out sex that that happened.

No reason to believe it's not a calculated risk on the OP's part.

StarkyTheDirewolf Thu 25-Feb-16 17:43:31

littleredhead not using contraceptive of any kind is tantamount to ttc whether you intend it or not. It may be a calculated risk, but if you don't want to conceive, then it's a silly risk to take. Op says she's paranoid she might be pregnant and that they were using pull out as a method of contraception , which to me, indicates she doesn't want to get pregnant.

RudeElf Thu 25-Feb-16 17:48:44

Yes you are! Congratulations OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now