Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Inner thigh/adductor pain

(3 Posts)
strangerjo Wed 24-Feb-16 09:57:30

I'm almost 39 weeks and in the last week have had severe pain in my inner thigh/groin area which feels like a pulled muscle. It's painful on walking, standing and turning over in bed. I don't know if it's pgp related, a strain from when I had the cervical stitch removed recently (maybe caused by the speculum or maybe I gripped my inner thighs too tightly because of the pain) or the result of the baby's head position. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions for how to deal with/resolve it? Please tell me it will go away!

Maybug12 Wed 24-Feb-16 12:18:14

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and pelvic girdle pain started around 4 weeks ago and has got gradually worse. I have the same pain you're describing - it did start in my pelvis but it has now travelled down my groin & inside of my right thigh - it is super painful! Turning over in bed is the absolute worst during the night. It is very sore and I definitely can't walk far anymore! Even if I just tense my leg, it hurts - similar to that of a pulled muscle! I have found the best thing is to take a couple of paracetamol and put a hot water bottle on it! Also a soak in the bath offers some relief for a while smile

strangerjo Wed 24-Feb-16 17:48:46

Sorry to hear you're suffering too. I've had pgp since about week 7 but mainly affecting my sacroilliac joints. This thigh pain is a killer! I've tried hot wheat bags and it feels very nice but has done nothing to stem to pain. I'm desperately hoping the pain goes.

If anyone has experience of this and positive stories, please share!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now