Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Getting through the first trimester!

(3 Posts)
JessicaN25 Tue 23-Feb-16 20:33:42

Last night me and my partner spontaneously took a pregnancy test and it came back positive! I am still in total shock and can't quite believe it because I only came off my pill 4 weeks ago!

This is my first baby so I have no idea what you actually do when you find out your pregnant. I have phoned my local maternity unit and they advised me that I won't be seen until I am 8-12 weeks- I had no idea you had to wait this long!

I am already feeling extremely anxious and still don't believe that I am actually pregnant. What can/should I be doing in the meantime?

Mslg Tue 23-Feb-16 21:04:11

Taking folic acid/pregnancy vitamin and just wait I'm afraid. The first few weeks before you have booking apt are very boring

PickledLilly Tue 23-Feb-16 21:06:55

I'm afraid a lot of early pregnancy is waiting and worrying! They will feel like very long weeks indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now