Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gestational sac sizes - normal?

(4 Posts)
Tryagain92 Tue 23-Feb-16 20:09:22

On 16th Feb had a scan as i got pregnant after miscarriage i was not sure how pregnant i was. They measured a very teeny tiny sac it was
2.9 x 1.4 mm

Had a scan yesterday and it measured
5.4 x 5 mm

Is that growth ok!? Got another scan on 8 march so have a long wait until then.

toadierocks Tue 23-Feb-16 21:44:52

How many weeks are you by your calculations and How many weeks were you yesterday according to the scan? Was there a visible fetus or pole?

Tryagain92 Tue 23-Feb-16 21:59:09

By my calculations i shouls be 5w3d but to them im about 4 weeks. No visable YS, HB or FP.

toadierocks Tue 23-Feb-16 23:46:28

At 5 weeks you would see nothing on an ultrasound other than a very small sack, from about 6+2/3 potentially you can see a flicker of a heartbeat but some are not seen until 7+ weeks.

At 4 weeks (if you had a late implantation these dates could be correct) you wouldn't even see a yolk sack. The only thing you can do is wait it out, certainly by 8th of march you should see a HB which will be reassuring. Best not to worry yourself with measurements because at this early stage you cannot get an accurate reading off an ultrasound and if they're 0.5mm out it can mean the difference of a few days.

FX for you all will be well, I'm sure it will

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now