Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Variation in Movements????

(7 Posts)
waterjungle Tue 23-Feb-16 17:02:53

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and it's my first.

I have a high anterior placenta which I known masks movements and kicks.

Over the last week or two I have got used to a pattern where I can feel stronger kicks in the evening and at particular times.

Since yesterday he has been a lot quieter. I think I have felt a few kicks but now I'm worrying that I'm convincing myself or am getting confused with wind. I don't want to be a paranoid pregnant woman and I know I can get anxious easily - I have already had to spend 3 nights in hospital at 17 weeks after having a lot of bleeding after a cervical stitch - so I'm not sure if I am getting myself wound up.

I guess I just want to ask people if at this stage you all got days that were quieter movement wise than others?

Jellybean100 Tue 23-Feb-16 17:06:47

Yes I certainly do, and it's normal, but that doesn't stop me from worrying. Go and lie in bed for an hour and see if you can feel anything, or the bath always gets baby moving for me. At 22 weeks there is so much room in there baby can change position and you won't feel movements nearly half as much as they are all towards your back or what not x

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 23-Feb-16 17:33:53

I still do at 33 weeks! It's taken 3 lots of monitoring for me to come to the conclusion that it's normal for my baby to be quiet some days!

sepa Tue 23-Feb-16 17:47:28

I have the same placenta and drive myself insane with kicks (even at 37+5)
At 22 weeks your wriggly one will will still have plenty of room to move about in!
When is your next MW appointment?

waterjungle Tue 23-Feb-16 18:07:57

sepa I have another 4 weeks before my next midwife app - and I haven't seen the same person twice - is that normal too?

One minute I'm scolding myself for being too anxious and the next letting the "but if....." thoughts run away with me. I normally call my mum in the circumstances but she is currently out of the country for a month xxx

Sanch1 Tue 23-Feb-16 18:10:25

I'm 24 weeks with an anterior placenta in the middle, had the same with DD1. Some days I feel loads, others not a lot, some days strong, some just nudges. With DD1 I never had strong movements, my DH never felt them from outside, but I just had to learn what was normal for me and not worry what others felt. Also, this early baby can turn inwards, upside down, tuck away etc.

sepa Tue 23-Feb-16 18:14:59

That's annoying about MW being a month away. I usually find that mine reassures me when the crazy comes out.

I have seen the same MW throughout but I live in a small town. I know other people who have seen different MW each time which seems a standard thing for larger places as they have more women to cover!

If your worried then see if you can get an earlier appointment with MW. If you go to DAU or triage they will only check the heart at the moment and say not to be worried until 28 weeks!
As someone else has said try doing the cold (or hot drink) and something surgery and lay on your left focusing in movement (I never found it worked for me but it's what the MW suggests before you call them about movement)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now