Talk

Advanced search

If you self-referred for midwife care...

(8 Posts)
Thurlow Tue 23-Feb-16 11:36:23

When did you refer? Our trust doesn't say, but a bit of Googling suggests that maybe it's not until 5 weeks. My last place you went to the GP first.

As with most people I imagine, I was 4 weeks when I got a positive test, so would you send the form in now or wait another few weeks?

cakeinmyfacehole Tue 23-Feb-16 11:39:08

I think the booking appointment was 8 weeks so referring at 5 or 6 weeks seems right. I self referred and felt a bit like I had to chase to get into the system - it seemed to be totally focused in GP referrals.

frikadela01 Tue 23-Feb-16 11:46:02

I self referred at 5 weeks and didn't have booking in until 10 weeks. Get the number for the midwives and ring for advice. Mine took my referal over the phone and said the earlier the better because they book up fast.

wetsnow Tue 23-Feb-16 11:49:42

I self referred around 6 weeks. Got my booking appointment and scan date through the next day. So efficient.

whiteychappers Tue 23-Feb-16 11:53:50

I did and got a midwife call within 48 hours and a scan date a day or so later. Had my booking in appointment at 6 weeks. This was Colchester x

Thurlow Tue 23-Feb-16 12:05:54

I'm not sure we can call, as there's no number given, just a form to email in. Which I've completed already but don't know whether there is any point just sitting on it for another week or so!

wetsnow Tue 23-Feb-16 12:17:56

That's what I had to do.
Emailed the form then the midwife called the next day.
I would email it now.. then it's done and in theit hands.

FourForYouGlenCoco Tue 23-Feb-16 13:04:18

I rang GP receptionist to book with mw at just 7 weeks - didn't have booking in appt til 11.5 weeks! Admittedly Xmas holidays were in the way but I'd definitely get in contact sooner rather than later if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now