Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help ... Confused !?

(17 Posts)
Sammie1528 Mon 22-Feb-16 22:09:29

[QUOTE=Samantha H(1256);15400209]On Saturday 13th I took a Superdrug digital test at 6am it came back positive with a + , I took another one at 9am and came back positive with + again . I took a clear blue test it came back not pregnant. The Superdrug digital ones are 25 iu/l sensitivity and so are the clear blue ones so I thought it would show .

I have since done a fast response test and it came back negative.

I have PCOS and not had an ad since September.

Today I had very very light pink blood when wiping this morning had it now gone . I have been feeling sick and I have been sick and weird feeling in Tummy .

I have a midwife appointment next week but was wondering what other people think . This is the first time I've every had a positive test and me an OH have not used anything in the 4 years we been together.

CityMole Mon 22-Feb-16 22:11:26

False positives are pretty rare. I would say CONGRATULATOINS are in order and suspect the explanation is that the FR test is less sensitive and will test positive in a few days.

CityMole Mon 22-Feb-16 22:11:56

except with proper spelling grin

CONGATULATIONS

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 22-Feb-16 22:23:13

If you did all these on the same day and the FR last then it might just be that your later urine was more dilute - early on only your first of the day is really reliables.

The CB digital are notoriously not sensitive. I had negative CBs for days after a positive on a FRER.

wereallgoingonasummerholiday Mon 22-Feb-16 23:02:21

Hi I took frer this morning and a super drug this afternoon and I can say frer as not as sensitive as they were congrats I would say you as defo Prego

Sammie1528 Tue 23-Feb-16 00:02:42

Thank you all

We trying not to get our hopes up so much as we been waiting so long but like everyone keeps saying we got 2 positive test , we got our first appointment with midwife on 2nd March .

I just want the appointment to hurry up as I'm so worried about work as I'm a community carer walking around on my own seeing people I have difficult clients and work need to do risk assessment

I was meant to put that I did frer a the day after not of the same day of the other test .

wereallgoingonasummerholiday Tue 23-Feb-16 06:47:55

When are you supposed to let the doctors know you pregnant I only found out yesterday morning

Sammie1528 Tue 23-Feb-16 08:16:41

When I found out on Saturday I phoned Monday morning , congratulations

wereallgoingonasummerholiday Tue 23-Feb-16 10:45:24

thank you smile did you just tell the receptionist or go in and see your doctors sorry I have no idea what I'm supposed to do next

Runner05 Tue 23-Feb-16 11:21:10

FRER are one of the most sensitive and reliable tests on the market so it would give me pause if I got a not pregnant on one of those... Can you try another tomorrow morning.
There are circumstances where you can get a positive that becomes a negative within a couple of days but hopefully you just had a defective FRER.

Sammie1528 Tue 23-Feb-16 15:24:13

I spoke with my doctor over the phone and the. He told me to go in and ask receptionist for midwife form .

I'm actually quite worried today I think I might of had a mc , waiting for doctors to call back , there was more bloody this morning still very light pink when I wipe and still there this lunch time

whythefucknot Tue 23-Feb-16 15:28:10

Maybe just me but I'm sure I can see a line on the fr?

whythefucknot Tue 23-Feb-16 15:28:42

Light spotting is v normal in early pregnancy OP.

Sammie1528 Tue 23-Feb-16 15:47:08

I've heard it is but just want to get it checked , I keep thinking I can see a line too

whythefucknot Tue 23-Feb-16 15:51:23

If you are only about 4 weeks (which would be my guess judging by the faintness of the frer) be prepared for the fact there may not be much they can tell you. The earliest they can scan you and see anything is about six weeks I believe (possibly 5) so at this point they may well send you home and just tell you to wait a week or so. At this early stage even if you had MC they most likely wouldn't be able to tell.

Just wanted to prepare you for that eventuality! Best of luck.

CityMole Tue 23-Feb-16 16:04:00

Lots of GP surgeries won't want to see you- but some do. You sohudl call up and check how midwife referrals work in your practice. If you do have an appointment with your GP or nurse, dont' expect anything to happen. Most people get their booking in apt with the midwife around 10 weeks or so.
Likewise, if you go to see somebody about the light spotting, don't be upset if they aren't prepared to do anything- NHS resources are too precious for them to investigate something that is actually quite a common sign of implantation/ other early pregnancy goings ons, as much as anything to be worried about.

Try to relax and enjoy the coming weeks!

Sammie1528 Tue 23-Feb-16 16:31:26

Just spoken with doctors on phoned , she thinks everything ok and just early sign and my hormones , and I've into got a week to wait til my first midwife appointment .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now