Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dates not adding up :(

(14 Posts)
Mumof5maybe Mon 22-Feb-16 21:12:18

Hi all, according to my lmp I should be 7 weeks exactly tomorrow. Got my bfp on Feb 2nd and used digital which said 1-2. Had a scan at 5 weeks and they saw nothing, and two scans last Wednesday which showed a very early pregnancy sac. Clear blue is now showing 2-3 weeks but it still does not add up with my dates. I have another scan booked for this Wednesday but I still so unsure about what's going on! I'm 40 in a week and although shocked at first and unsure I'm now excited. Anyone else had this happen? X

whiteychappers Mon 22-Feb-16 21:57:30

Clearblues are not that great at dates and from what ive heard scan dates only really become reliable at 12 weeks which is probably why we don't officially get them sooner.

whiteychappers Mon 22-Feb-16 21:58:26

Plus I think you need to add two weeks onto whatever the clearblues say (assuming its correct)

Poppiesway Mon 22-Feb-16 21:59:36

Ignore the clear blues..
An accurate date can be given from 9 weeks on ultrasound. They're not done till at least 11 weeks 4 days for those that want antenatal screening

namechangeychangey Mon 22-Feb-16 22:07:03

Clearblues are notoriously unreliable and the 1-2 etc refers to weeks past ovulation, rather than the way the hospital records it as weeks since lmp. 1-2 on a clear blue is 3-4 in NHS terms. Add to this not everyone ovulates exactly in the middle of their cycle, and some women don't get their bfp until a week or so past their missed period due to their hormone levels, and you are bound to get differing results in different people. If you've had your bfp, just trust you are pregnant and base your dates on your lmp for now. They will adjust your date at your 12wk scan if necessary to allow for early or late ovulation, although even that isn't always exactly right (with my DD they had me down as ovulating some days before the 'event' that definitely created her). The scans you've had are really very early and they can't see much at that stage. I know the wait seems like an age, but you just have to sit it out to 12wks smile

Mumof5maybe Mon 22-Feb-16 22:12:20

Thank you so much for the replies smile. They gave me a leaflet on miscarriage last week just in case but nothing's Happened so keeping my fingers crossed x

cluelessfirsttimer1 Tue 23-Feb-16 11:24:43

Hi!! I wouldn't rely on clearblue digital. It told me I was 4 weeks earlier than I actually was. As long as u r in a regular relationship & are not using it to try figure out actual dates of conception, then it doesn't really matter. Being pregnant causes enough confusion as it is. I had implantation bleeding too what I thought was a period because I've conceived just before that 'period' apparantly. Just enjoy your positive & wait until your 12 week scan where you will probably get given a completely different date to confuse you a little bit more wink
Congratulations

Mumof5maybe Thu 25-Feb-16 09:22:55

Hi again just an update, had scan again yesterday and they saw nothing but a fluid filled sac again with nothing visible but it had grown since last week. I had to have bloods taken to measure hcp and I have to go back again tomorrow for a repeat test. I think they are worried about etopic, but if they see a sac in my uterus i don't see how that can be! Sorry for tmi but when I wiped this morning there was bright red blood but now nothing just a dull back ache. I'm still unsure what's going on just hope my bloods give good result tomorrow X

sambababy Thu 25-Feb-16 14:55:38

I've got my fingers crossed for you OP x

Mumof5maybe Sat 27-Feb-16 08:35:45

Thanks sambababy means a lot I'm still no closer to knowing what's going on. Hospital managed to lose my blood sample so had to go back yesterday and treat it as first sample. They called and said doctor thinks it's an early pregnancy that won't progress, but I need to go back for another blood test Monday morning to see if my levels have got higher. Another 3 hours on a buses. Then I suspect they will scan me again later on in week. It's doing my head in now just want to know what's happening either way xx

Mumof5maybe Sat 05-Mar-16 11:34:13

I had a miscarriage Tuesday it was horrendous and spent the day in hospital. Did a test this morning and it's now negative but I really wish everyone the best and im going to try again soon xx

HP07 Sat 05-Mar-16 11:39:59

So sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself. I can't imagine how you are feeling.

1moretime Sat 05-Mar-16 14:22:47

Ohh mumof5maybe I am soo soo sorry hun. Big hugs to you xxx

sambababy Wed 09-Mar-16 23:51:43

I'm so sorry to hear that. Lots of love to you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now