Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby position causing odd/uncomfortable feelings?

(10 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Mon 22-Feb-16 11:22:26

I'm 23 weeks and sometimes the baby moves or lies in such a strange way it makes me feel really uncomfortable, it feels like tightenings that make me queasy and almost like it's squashing my bladder or something! Does anyone else get this? It's the tightenings that bother me the most, they're really unnerving. Baby is very active a lot of the time, seemingly much more than dd1 was (or I might just not be remembering properly) so maybe that has something to do with it. Or could it be because I had a c-section with dd1 and new baby is making the scar feel weird?!

dizzylemon Mon 22-Feb-16 11:55:42

They could be BH? I get tightenings as well and can never work on if it's BH or baby pressing herself against my abdomen. Most annoying/distracting is when they happen in the car, but I can usually deal with them and they don't usually last.

ispymincepie Mon 22-Feb-16 12:02:58

It does sound like Braxton Hicks. More noticeable in subsequent pregnancies and can be very distracting.

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 22-Feb-16 13:18:52

Wow, even as early as 23 weeks?! I did wonder if it was BH but thought it was too soon... Maybe not!

ispymincepie Mon 22-Feb-16 14:13:25

I've had them since about 14 weeks! (4th pregnancy)

dizzylemon Mon 22-Feb-16 14:23:09

Yeah I think I started around 20ish weeks about when movements started. It's much more frequent now (at 33 weeks) but, thankfully, just a bit uncomfortable and distracting. You may get used to them smile

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 22-Feb-16 15:35:32

Does physical activity or stomach upset make them worse? I'm wondering if it's related...

CarrotPuff Mon 22-Feb-16 16:26:55

My BH are often triggered by baby's movements. Also they get worse when I'm more active.

ispymincepie Mon 22-Feb-16 16:31:56

Touching your bump can set them off, as does driving for me. I think they can be worse if you're dehydrated so make sure you drink plenty of water, although I think a full bladder can also trigger them!

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 22-Feb-16 18:04:18

Thanks, that makes sense. Yeah I don't think I've drank as much as usual today and I've got a dodgy stomach so it's probably that along with baby being in an odd position! Looks like I'll have to get used to it... They feel so strange though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now