Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP but worried & confused.

(3 Posts)
1moretime Mon 22-Feb-16 10:10:44

Hi all. I have pcos & underactive thyroid & have trouble for last 12 months with my tsh levels. Last results on 9th Jan was 5.8 and iv increased my dose to 175mcg.
I am on cerazette also which I have had on off bleeding since starting.
Iv been given lazaprozole for stomach & sickness which I have been taken also & im also on Metformin for pcos.
Big thing is my boobs have been killing me for past 2 weeks & iv felt like my period is about to start for past 2 weeks also but nothing!! I done a test out of curiosity not thinking I would be pregnant & there is a BFP! I am delighted but also scared & worried as my tsh was high & iv been on ceraxette??

charlottexox Mon 22-Feb-16 11:07:10

Hi hun, wow! Fantastic news huh?! I can relate to you in some way when it comes to metformin.
I got told I had PCOS at the age of 17 and was put on it right away to regulate my periods. Found out I'm pregnant in December on my 21st birthday!
As I don't have any experiences with the other medication you take I would say you are pregnant wink
Don't worry, I could believe it either when I had my BFP. It just seems too good to be true!
But you cannot get a false positive, but you can get false negatives!
Maybe check again in a couple of days too if you're still unsure!

1moretime Mon 22-Feb-16 11:17:11

Thanks for your reply hun.
I have a DS Age 6 & found out I had pcos after I had him. My recent blood results have been all over the place & I didn't think I coukd have anymore children.
I have made an app at the docs this afternoon as iv read on Dr Google thst high TSH levels can cause baby brain not to develop properly in early pregnancy. I haven't taken any folic acid etc as it's last thing I though would happen! Has anyone else fallen pregnant on Cerazette or had High TSH & had a healthy pregnancy?
I don't know how far I will be on either my last period if you can call it was December
I just bleed on & off on cerazette xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now