Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea during early stages of pregnancy

(7 Posts)
missylb88 Sun 21-Feb-16 21:35:51

I am nearly 7 weeks and struggling so much with Nausea. I am always retching and can't go near my partner. Docs gave me some tablets but are these ok to take I always worry. Just wondered if anyone could recommend anything to help. I already have a 4 year old but didn't have this with him.

Mslg Sun 21-Feb-16 22:10:03

The doctor wouldn't have prescribed them if they weren't safe. It's horrible but try to eat little and often and try to endure you're getting enough water

Mslg Sun 21-Feb-16 22:10:30

*ensure not endure hmm

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Sun 21-Feb-16 22:13:03

excellent support and advice on the hyperemisis thread, it's been my lifeline in this pregnancy.
also the meds will be fine, the GP wouldn't prescribe anything unsafe for pregnancy.

missylb88 Sun 21-Feb-16 22:37:22

Ah ok thank you. I did think that but I did a stupid thing and looked online which stated the negative about the tablets. I drink loads of water and squash and constantly eating hopefully it will pass by 12 weeks. Oh I will have a look. Thank you smile

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 22-Feb-16 08:41:20

No worries flowers hope it eases for you.

icklekid Mon 22-Feb-16 08:44:45

I had to take medication for sickness last pregnancy as my quality of life without it waseems very poor. This pregnancy is even worse and on a variety of medication. Without it I would be dangerously dehydrated and baby would suffer. Trust your gp and help yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now