Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice re skinny jeans in early pregnancy

(18 Posts)
TeaGirl3 Sun 21-Feb-16 21:33:55

Hi there, can anyone recommend any jeans that are good for early pregnancy? I'm only 5 weeks and trying the hair bobble through the button hole trick, but would prefer skinny jeans that actually do up, which I can wear to work! I've seen some New Look under bump jeans online, but haven't tried them on yet. This is my first pregnancy, so any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

HelenF35 Sun 21-Feb-16 21:39:22

New look were the best ones I found, although I preferred the over bump ones. I also had a pair of Tesco jeggings in a size bigger than normal which were great in the early days.

1frenchfoodie Sun 21-Feb-16 21:41:17

I have been wearing H&M over the bump skinnies and can recommend them - though only needed from 21wks as usual jeans were fine til then. At 5wks the bump is essentially bloat so you may find in a few weeks you don't need the hair bobble.

Junosmum Sun 21-Feb-16 21:50:01

red herring under bump were my favourite (I don't normally like their stuff).

Lurkedforever1 Sun 21-Feb-16 21:52:01

Just buy low cut ones, or a size bigger.

mrslebon Sun 21-Feb-16 22:26:32

I have lived in my H&M super skinny over bump jeans (now 38 weeks). I have two pairs in dark grey: www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0300024006.html

They're sold out online but worth looking for in store.

I also have the dark denim ones but they don't fit as well.

CityMole Sun 21-Feb-16 22:49:24

I've been wearing Topshop (non-maternity) skinny stretch jeans (the model is 'Leigh') and I just wore them low slung, and as my bump developed, I continued to wear them under the bump. I eventually gave up last week at 29 weeks as my underbump girth must be expanding a bit too now! So I am now into over bump mat jeans from H&M, although I haven't ruled out trying on a pair of Leigh in the size up (under bump, obvs) to see how that works.

CityMole Sun 21-Feb-16 22:50:17

I see you are only 5 weeks- you should get some really good mileage then out of some stretchy skinny non-mat ones like the Leigh ones I talked about smile

CityMole Sun 21-Feb-16 22:52:15

I've just looked at the topshop website to check I had remembered the name correctly and it turns out they also do some overbump ones in the 'leigh' style now! Who knew? (not me, till now!)

kaymondo Mon 22-Feb-16 16:30:28

The gap skinny maternity jeans are excellent - over bump though.

RoganJosh Mon 22-Feb-16 16:35:11

You may find that in a week or two some bloating settles down and you are fine in your jeans for a month or two or three.
I found that under bump ones were good for the in between stages, till about six months, then the over bump ones were best.
I also tried a bump band with undone jeans but couldn't get it to quite work. You may be luckier than me though.
For early pregnancy, you may need to size down, they presume you've got a bit fatter I find!
Next and New look are good for maternity jeans I find.

katienana Mon 22-Feb-16 16:40:46

The Leigh maternity jeans are really comfy. I would hold off the maternity purchases though you get so sick of wearing the same stuff it's better to wait!

mascaraisamust Mon 22-Feb-16 16:44:11

Matalan are my comfiest pair!

KittyandTeal Mon 22-Feb-16 16:44:21

Another who loves Leigh maternity jeans. I wore them through my whole pregnancy until 30isg weeks when the under bump ones just weren't comfortable. I also wore them post partum (until I went though the knee 😳)

I will def be getting some under and over bump ones this time round

LucyMouse Mon 22-Feb-16 16:49:44

I found under-bump jeans seemed to push my bump upwards and outwards, so not the best when you want to be discreet early on. I have only worn over bump jeans throughout my second pregnancy. But I managed to stay in my Next denim leggings for a big chunk of my pregnancy anyway.

sepa Mon 22-Feb-16 18:10:46

I like the over bump newlook ones also!
I'm quite swollen in my feet/legs though so wish I had purchased some normal mat jeans early on as its a waste at 37 weeks

TeamSteady Mon 22-Feb-16 18:14:11

I've got two pairs of leigh under bump mat jeans. I can't bear anything over the bump.

I have a black pair that fir beautifully... bought a second pair in burgundy, same size etc and they fall down and get really saggy in the crotch angry really frustrating!

DowntonDiva Mon 22-Feb-16 18:18:46

I got some great ones from ASOS and also have the Topshop Leigh style. Personally I go for under the bump cut.

ASOS have a great maternity style Instagram account that I used for inspiration and to see the styles in "real life". They post the product codes so makes like easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now