Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stressed Pregnant Teacher

(6 Posts)
Mummy2Be2016 Sun 21-Feb-16 20:46:36

I found out just over a week ago that I am pg and I am so excited!!! I'm now 6+3. I've been on half term this past week which has been lovely but I am dreading going back to work tomorrow. Another little fact is that I handed my notice in and will be finishing at Easter. It was for a variety of reasons (Union is also involved) including the stress of the school and having trouble ttc. Hey presto, as soon as I quit, I got pg! My big worry is getting through the next 4 weeks. I really don't want to be there anymore and the school are not making my exit easy. Looking to be signed off by a dr sounds so wonderful but at the same time, I feel lazy and like I'm cheating a bit. Not really sure what to do. Any suggestions or experiences out there?

MsFiremanSam Sun 21-Feb-16 20:54:01

I'm a teacher too, 7+1 with my third, and I fully sympathise with you about the pressures of the job, even without the very stressful circumstances you're in.
Do you have any key exam classes where you'd feel guilty not being there? If not, to be honest I'd be tempted to get signed off if you're feeling like it's too much.
I have horrendous sickness and have spent half term sleeping - no idea how I'm going to manage a full day of teaching 😭

Mummy2Be2016 Sun 21-Feb-16 21:05:41

Glad I'm not the only one in dread of tomorrow!

When I resigned, 2 of my 3 exam glasses were taken off me "for continuity reasons" and I was given a LOT more KS3. I love my other year 11 class but the question is how much do I love them?

Sickness hasn't kicked in yet but I am so so tired. I'm surprised I'm still awake at the moment to be honest. I don't want to be soft and to be judged for a decision to be signed off but at the same time, there is a family history of MC on both sides kf my family and I don't want anything to contribute to that horrible possibility...

Jubaloo442 Sun 21-Feb-16 21:17:32

I feel your pain. I'm 5 weeks, spent half term marking coursework and sleeping. Dreading going back to what is fast becoming a nightmare school. Got a cracking headache that makes me groan whenever I stand up. Unfortunately my view would be that if they've f*** you about at work they have every right to expect that to affect your health. Never feel guilty about putting your health first, whether mental or physical. Best of luck smile

Reebok Sun 21-Feb-16 21:21:23

Another teacher here dreading returning tomorrow. I have hyperemesis and have been signed off a hell of a lot since September. I have quit as I'm having baby no 2 and have no intention of returning...10 working days to go for me...leaving early at 32 weeks due to rubbish health and also my bosses are complete prats who have tried to use my pregnancy sickness against me (unions also involved). I can't wait to leave! If you are truly struggling, get signed off. Sod work. Your baby and health comes first.

Mummy2Be2016 Sun 21-Feb-16 21:23:00

Jubaloo442, you made me smile! You're both right. I'm going to tell the head tomorrow about being pg and see what happens. Might just be making a trip to the dr later in the week if things continue like last term. Thank you ladies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now