Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

AH swelling and varicose veins down there! 4th baby, 33 weeks

(7 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Sat 20-Feb-16 19:35:35

Help! How can I ease this???? I didn't realise it was this bad! Ive noticed baby has dropped but wow...

Ellieboolou27 Sat 20-Feb-16 19:40:48

Mine were awful down there too! They did all go a few weeks after birth so yours probably will too, but I still got left with some ugly spider veins on my upper thighs

Ellieboolou27 Sat 20-Feb-16 19:41:56

Keep legs up as much as you can, nothing helped mine bar giving birth!

littleraysofsunshine Sat 20-Feb-16 19:48:46

I remember it with my last Dc but not this early on... Keeping legs elevated is only possible in bed as they're all under 5 and I don't get much timegrin

I think it should resolve itself once baby is here but goodness me it makes life harder... I feel thankful for my pregnancies but this along with really super bad diastasis recti tummy muscles is causing havoc... I guess it's just lots of pressure on my small frame with a pumpkin shape bump!

Lucky I have super fast births though I guess.. I just hope the pushing won't make the veins burst??? Stay???

Ellieboolou27 Sat 20-Feb-16 21:53:25

I doubt it as it is just the pressure of the baby, mine was a huge lumpy thing (sorry tmi) but I kind of looked deformed down there! I have a 3.5 year old too so know where your coming from about not being able to relax, I had them with my first too. It used to throb constantly and was quite painful, I had a planned section in both my births and now my baby is 5 months and all is normal now, speak to mw but I don't think there is much they can do, maybe some support tights might help

littleraysofsunshine Sun 21-Feb-16 17:43:16

Yeah no time for rest with three aged 5,3,2!

I always get Braxton hicks very early on, but they've started early, the swelling is worrying me, and I just feel like this baby is pushing further down.

I know my midwife will say rest but it's just not possible!

littleraysofsunshine Sun 21-Feb-16 17:46:56

I'm so worried if they will burst or something when in labour?????

They wasn't this bad last time. No wonder why my pelvic floor is shot to pieces and why I keep having to wear a pad! (Tmi)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now