Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faint positive???? HELP

(24 Posts)
Robynax Sat 20-Feb-16 11:27:08

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on mumsnet :D
Long story short I went to my local sexual health clinic to have my implant renewed only to be told after a routine pregnancy test that I was pregnant, all be it the pregnancy line was very faint but the nurse confimed it was positive.
I am in a fairly new relationship (1yr, 2months) and don't want to tell my partner that I am pregnant unless I absolutley know for sure. The nurse reckons I am only about 4/5 weeks. Since then (wed) after finding out, i have done 3 home pregnancy tests, 2 negative and 1 which looks negative but could also be a faint positive. Could you tell me your opinions please? Do you think it is pos? Thank u so much :D sorry for the saga grin hmm

Robynax Sat 20-Feb-16 11:29:15

Just to confirm this is the hpt i done on my own, tesco own brand. I never had a period all 3 years on the implant. I cant believe this might be happening

ParsnipSoup Sat 20-Feb-16 11:30:11

I'd go and get a pink dye test like a FRER or suoerdrug own (both very sensitive) and test with first morning urine tomorrow, will hopefully give you a better idea.

I doubt the nurse would have said the test was positive unless she was pretty sure.

How do you feel about the possibility? I hope you get the answer you want.

MajesticWhine Sat 20-Feb-16 11:34:37

It's very very faint isn't it. The 3rd picture looks positive. I guess if you are definitely pregnant then it will show up stronger in a couple of days if you can bear to wait.

Peyia Sat 20-Feb-16 11:34:51

The nurse has said it's positive and this looks positive to me albeit faint. I'd retest in a couple of days or get a FRER.

How do you feel about a possible pregnancy?

ProbablyMe Sat 20-Feb-16 11:37:24

I can see lines in all three. Definitely get a frer.

Xrlmcax Sat 20-Feb-16 11:42:58

Thank you all for your quick responses! I am so much shock atm shock I can't believe I have (maybe) fell pregnant with the Implant Nexplanon in confused but I guess these things can happen and they aren't 100% effective. Pregnancy has never really crossed my mind until now as i have had the implant in and I am only 23 and I am in my 2nd year postgrad at uni, I am going to have to think very long and hard and retest in a few days. If they are still as faint do you think a blood test would confirm definite pregnancy? hmm

FedUpNowPleaseHelp Sat 20-Feb-16 13:08:33

Sorry to say this looks like mine last month and af came

Xrlmcax Sat 20-Feb-16 13:42:21

I also inverted the image/adjusted brightness as I have saw a few girls on other posts/sites doing so

Xrlmcax Sat 20-Feb-16 13:44:19

Xx

RJnomore1 Sat 20-Feb-16 13:50:12

There's definitely a line there.

FourForYouGlenCoco Sat 20-Feb-16 15:31:02

My tesco test looked exactly like this. I'm now 17 weeks. Pink dye tests are better though. Agree with the others, get hold of a FRER if you can and you'll have a better idea.

novemberchild Sat 20-Feb-16 15:35:39

Go for Superdrug's own Early Test and use first morning wee. That should be conclusive.

socktastic Sat 20-Feb-16 17:34:02

Make sure you do another one, just to make sure but I'd say that's a positive! Congratulations flowers

Lyndie Sat 20-Feb-16 17:41:39

Hmm the line doesn't look as thick as it should?? And there is always something there even in a negative test. Agree get a pink dye one.

AllyBali123 Sat 20-Feb-16 17:52:13

My Tesco one was like that today see my post in conception! Def get a frer worked for me!

TattieHowkerz Sat 20-Feb-16 18:04:14

Looks like a faint positive to me. How do you feel about being pregnant?

Junosmum Sat 20-Feb-16 22:48:27

My Tesco one looked like that too. 7week old is currently chomping on my Boob!

Vap0 Sun 21-Feb-16 10:20:34

Hi Robyn

The tests they do at the NHS clinics say they are 25mlu however seem to be either more effective than hpts or just tell the truth about effectiveness. When I had a mc i went in for a scan to confirm, after all my home pregnancy tests which were apparently 10mlu had been showing negative for over a week their 25mlu one showed a clear positive. The home tests just aren't as good. The frer and super drug (from what I have heard on here) seem to be the best. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have any frer to use but know they are super sensitive at 12mlu as had a positive this time around at 3w exactly.

There is certainly a line on that test. Congratulations.

Buy yourself a frer or super drug test to confirm. thanks

wereallgoingonasummerholiday Tue 23-Feb-16 10:47:39

I vote super drug as mine is darker than frer

Mar19901 Tue 23-Feb-16 10:50:03

Looks like a positive to me, mines was like that at first and I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant thanks

SeriousStuff Tue 23-Feb-16 11:19:22

I'd say it's a definite positive. Congratulations x

Xrlmcax Fri 18-Mar-16 13:45:25

Hi everyone just to let you all know doctor confirmed a few days after this post that I was infact pregnant, soooo many mixed emotions but decided it was best to tell my boyfriend even although I wasn't sure whether or not to go through with the pregnancy. After talking relentlessly about everything we came to the conclusion that we both did want to have a little one, we may have been young but there was no harm in a baby smile may have been unplanned but would never have been unloved.... Around a week later I started experiencing heavy bleeding so my doctor referred my to my local EPU where I was told the devastating news I had miscarried sad To say this broke my heart was understatement and this proves to me that all along I wanted the little one... I feel silly for greiving an undeveloped baby but I guess all along it was really mine for that short time... Since then I have got the contraceptive injection and have no plans to concieve again any time soon. none the less i now know it is possible to fall pregnant on contraception so if it ever did happen again i would most definitley know what to do, and that would be to keep the pregancy Xxxxx sorry for the spiel Xxxxx

OliviaDunham Fri 18-Mar-16 14:10:32

Sorry to read your last post, please don't feel silly for grieving, it's perfectly normal. Best wishes thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now