Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If my waters broke at 19 weeks

(2 Posts)
Eliza271 Thu 18-Feb-16 17:13:38

Hi ladies
I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and can't shake this fear. My son was born at 29 weeks 2 days after waters broke so I'm under consultant care as they said I'm more likely to have another preemie. My son was thankfully fine and is now all on track development wise.

I feel so sick with worry and fear. My OH is in Ireland with work so can't even come down to calm my nerves.

I started bleeding extremely lightly 2 days ago. My gp told me it was normal as I showed him the blood and he said it was such a small amount that it didn't warrant any further investigations or scans, I also had no pain.

Im bleeding very red blood with some tiny clotting, only mild pain. I went to hospital and they said that cervix is closed. They heard her heartbeat and said if I have any pain or sereve bleeding come back and also come back if my waters break!! I have no idea why they would have said this.

In a way though I am also worrying about that happening because this is exactly what happened before my waters broke last time. I'm so scared.

If the worst did happen. What can they do? I know they can't save the baby born at 19 weeks but can't they re seal it just until I made it a month

TheCatsMeow Thu 18-Feb-16 17:22:19

flowers

They would most likely admit you and put you on bed rest and try to delay labour as long as possible, then give steroids as soon as you hit 24 weeks I think.

I don't know how much help this'll be but I had suspected early labour from 28 weeks with bleeds, suspect leakages, contractions and we got to 38 weeks.

Are you bring monitored? I was having CTGs every 2 days, scans every week and internal exams

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now