Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hormones all over the place

(4 Posts)
merseyparadise Wed 17-Feb-16 15:55:18

I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant with 2nd dc and my hormones are all over the place.

I've just watched Far From the Madding Crowd and sat here balling my eyes out for most of it. I'm normally not this bad but this is so ridiculous I had to laugh afterwards because I just couldn't help it. I've been getting emotional reading news stories too, happy and sad ones. I don't remember being as emotional as this with my first pregnancy.

Anyone else being a silly bugger like me and balling their eyes out over anything and everything?

whiteychappers Wed 17-Feb-16 17:08:17

6-8 weeks I spent most of the day crying. Now I'm at 9 weeks the tearfulness' is not too bad. Ive had to turn over channels when I see adverts for kids charities though as clearly my maternal instinct has kicked in. I keep thinking what it that was my baby!

merseyparadise Wed 17-Feb-16 17:19:28

Oh god I know whitey I can't bear to watch the adverts with neglected/starving/abused children it has me in floods of tears, I was never as bad as this before dc and more so now.

I'm wondering why I'm more emotional now though, I don't remember being this bad first time round but then my memory has been shot since then. I'm also eating like a horse, I can't stop I'm constantly hungry, last time was the opposite I went off all kinds.

I'm hoping it's not twins, I've heard it's more likely when you're olderconfused

whiteychappers Wed 17-Feb-16 18:46:45

I'm completely off food as got morning sickness and am nauseous most of the day, ive lost 3kg already, not a bad thing though as was a touch overweight anyway so can stand to lose a few pounds. I think to start with the change in hormones are a shock to the system. I'm tolerating it a lot more now so am not so teary, to begin with I thought I was having a meltdown 😁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now