Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Craving for thing are not recommended in pregnancy

(7 Posts)
KIM10 Wed 17-Feb-16 15:39:35

I have cravings for coffee and anything sweet I am trying to keep the coffee to four a day but I feel so bad for the baby having all that caffeine I just can't have decaffeinated coffee is makes me more sick which is been bad I lost 14 pounds in my first trimester I am now 17 weeks and still not put any weight on

Pippa12 Wed 17-Feb-16 20:03:32

I can't stop sniffing bleach, flash (concentrated lemon one) and blue duck toilet cleaner. It's funny and I laugh about it, but if I'm honest it drives me mad because I can't settle my cravings, and can't sit sniffing bleach/duck and flash all the time. My DH has kindly asked me to stop spraying it everywhere as the house stinks of it. Iron is fine. It's driving me mad and nobody understands (obviously... As it really isn't normal behaviour!) x

Buttwing Wed 17-Feb-16 20:16:50

With dc3 I craved vodka and lime and with dc4 it was proseccoconfused

I didn't have and vodka but I had a couple of heavenly glasses of prosecco.

soundsystem Wed 17-Feb-16 20:22:17

Pippa I understand! DH bought a different brand of dishwasher tabs than usual and they smell DELICIOUS! Obviously I haven't eaten one, but I do open the cupboard under the sink a lot more often than necessary so I can smell them!

Pippa12 Wed 17-Feb-16 21:13:52

Oh god! I thought it was just me!!! I honestly thought about washing my face in the flash concentrated stuff- a little different to my Liz Earle strict regime, I didn't but I'm so tempted grin

Alb1 Wed 17-Feb-16 21:21:57

I eat tissue blush I try to keep it to an absolute minimum, but atleast it's not too dangerous so I guess I'm
Getting off lightly compared to some! Had it in my last pregnancy too

OfDragonsDeep Wed 17-Feb-16 21:28:08

My baby's 2 weeks old now, but I loved the smell of new washing up sponges. I have a whole bag of sponges stashed in the cupboard under the stairs now. As soon as he was born I lost interest in them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now