Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Extremely strong cramps, 4.6 - normal?

(19 Posts)
magnificatAnimaMea Wed 17-Feb-16 00:24:25

Am 4 weeks 6 days pregnant (based on LMP). For the last few hours i've been having extremely strong abdominal cramps, that feel like very bad period pain and have an edge of nausea to them. No spotting at all.

Is this normal or should I be doing something about it?

RedOnHerHedd Wed 17-Feb-16 00:51:25

Didn't want to read and not reply. I know on both my pregnancies I had period pain that didn't go away the whole pregnancy. Try and relax and hopefully the pain will ease soon. Hope everything goes well for you. thanks

magnificatAnimaMea Wed 17-Feb-16 02:28:15

Righto. Pain has gone now. Thanks. flowers

socktastic Wed 17-Feb-16 03:15:07

It could be pains from your uterus stretching to accommodate your growing baby.

hartmel Wed 17-Feb-16 03:46:10

Had it both with my kids (1 year and 1 month apart)
And the kids are now 2 1/2 years old and 1.4 month old!

It is your uterus getting bigger and also be prepared of round ligament pain! Had it with my first at 17 weeks. That I had to leave work early as I could not get dressed on my own and walk! For about 2-3 days. Then it got better but my obygyn recommend for me to stay home. (Which was good, because I got gall bladder attacks)

magnificatAnimaMea Wed 17-Feb-16 05:04:05

Thanks all smile flowers

at (approximately) 20 days post-fertilization (i.e. 4 weeks 6 days' gestation) I doubt my uterus is doing much growing yet, since the embryo probably isn't even doing gastrulation yet, but I'm very relieved to know this is normal smile

WeeseKeysAreThese Wed 17-Feb-16 08:57:11

Cramps were my first clue I was pregnant both times. As long as you don't have any bleeding ir pain on one side it should be normal. Take care.

Shadow1986 Wed 17-Feb-16 09:03:56

I experienced bad cramping as well. In fact I didn't even test on my missed period day because I had such strong cramps I was convinced I was coming on. This carried on for about 5 days after my missed period and I was convinced I was just about to come on. So cramping is definitely normal. It's when there is blood alongside it then it's a problem. Having said that I had some brown bleeding and no problems at all.

magnificatAnimaMea Wed 17-Feb-16 09:48:20

light bleeding now too - just faint pink on wiping. Will call the midwife to see what she thinks tomorrow.

magnificatAnimaMea Wed 17-Feb-16 21:54:42

And... heavy bleeding, probable miscarriage...

andadietcoke Wed 17-Feb-16 21:57:40

Oh sweetheart. Take care of yourself. Heat packs and painkillers will help you feel more comfortable. thanksthanksthanks

kippersyllabub Wed 17-Feb-16 22:00:03

flowers and hugs. There is a lot of support here on mn if you need it.

Impatientwino Wed 17-Feb-16 22:07:40

So sorry, paracetamol and hot water bottle for tonight and call your local early pregnancy unit in the morning. You may need a gp referral or some you can self refer thanks

RedOnHerHedd Wed 17-Feb-16 23:51:38

Massive hugs to you, must be awful for you right now. I hope you're ok. thanksthanksthanks

magnificatAnimaMea Thu 18-Feb-16 00:48:06

Thanks all - sorted out EPU appointments and scan for tomorrow (am in different timezone from the UK). flowerschocolatebrew all round.

The worst bit has been standing in a meeting with recruiters, as one of the prospective grads they might like to employ; attempting to sound intelligent, proactive and congenial, while trying not to faint and hoping I wasn't leaving bloodstains on the table I was leaning on. Then got myself to the EPU and fainted. Now home with the rest of the day in which to sit on the loo...

Shadow1986 Thu 18-Feb-16 19:20:38

Hi OP hope you're ok x

magnificatAnimaMea Fri 19-Feb-16 01:20:15

Thanks Shadow1986. Miscarriage proceeding naturally, I feel a bit crap but basically OK, and the great people at the EPU have already referred me for investigations into infertility.

hartmel Fri 19-Feb-16 04:38:34

I'm so sorry to hear that! thanks

Shadow1986 Fri 19-Feb-16 08:01:42

Sorry to hear that OP. How incredibly disappointing for you. Take care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now