Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5+2 very few symptoms

(22 Posts)
Becciilouisex3 Mon 15-Feb-16 23:06:44

Hi ladies!

I was just wondering if any of you are experiencing/can recall experiencing any specific symptoms at 5 weeks (that's how far gone I am by calculating from the day of my last period).
I've of course had some symptoms but they seem more minor than I expected! My tender boobs come and go in severity, sometimes they're pretty sore and other times barely at all! Last week I felt nauseous and almost threw up but managed to hold it in but no real nausea since. I also haven't really noticed any aversions or cravings as such. I do have to really fancy what I'm eating. I have stopped enjoying what I do eat as much as before I was pregnant but only from today. Before that I loved food!
I've also had a lot of thick white CM (sorry TMI) which is pretty normal for me when not on my period but it tends to change in consistency. Sometimes I get bad gas haha and I've had the odd tummy and pelvic cramps and backaches but everything seems so minor! Ooh and mood swings and slight fatigue someday more than others.
I thought for sure I'd be starting to suffer the morning sickness and be having either aversions or cravings!
I know I'm probably worrying over nothing but it's my first pregnancy and I know the risk of miscarriage in the first trimester is pretty high. I read that those suffering sickness are less likely to miscarry and it's sort of stuck with me!
What were you ladies or what are you ladies experiencing around this stage in your pregnancy!

anotherbusymum14 Mon 15-Feb-16 23:17:02

Just saw your post and wanted to help in some way. I think that 5 weeks is considered early still and your hormone levels are still increasing (which leads to the nausea etc)? I think in another couple of weeks it will have probably doubled and you'd feel notably different (I forget which hormone it is that increases). And some people don't feel that different either, it's different for everyone (it's been a while for me, but that's what I remember).
Anyway relax (if you can) and just see how it goes. I hope someone else comes by soon with more advice. All the best.

Becciilouisex3 Mon 15-Feb-16 23:33:19

Thank you!

It is super early it just seems to be going so slowly haha! Once I'm past 12 weeks I'll be able to relax I think! x

Bluecarrot Tue 16-Feb-16 00:16:16

I had no symptoms like nausea, boob pain etc in my first two pregnancies. I'm 5 weeks with dc3 and only symptom this time is some insomnia but I think it's more because my mind is buzzing with new baby stuff and won't switch off!

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 16-Feb-16 00:21:26

Sounds about right from what I remember.

Becciilouisex3 Tue 16-Feb-16 12:10:35

Bluecarrot, I absolutely know that feeling! I'm constantly googling and window shopping on my phone haha! x

Nevlet Tue 16-Feb-16 12:31:13

I had nothing at 5 weeks and very little whole way through...now 11+2 and still nothing and seen healthy baby on a scan at 11...hopefuly you will stay feeling well too!

Nosnowjustrain Tue 16-Feb-16 12:37:53

I'm 5wks +4 and don't really have many symptoms - a bit of nausea in the evenings and the odd tingling boob but that's it! From previous pregnancies, my symptoms didn't really kick in until wk7.

JessieMcJessie Tue 16-Feb-16 15:42:21

I had zero symptoms and baby was exactly as it should be when scanned at 8 weeks. Since then some very mild nausea after eating in the evenings, a bit of tiredness and vaguely sore boobs. 12 week scan tomorrow, will report back of all OK.

I went a bit Google mad too, it's hard when all this is so out of your control. In the end I realised that (a) another person's experience would not change mine (b) there are a million variations of symptoms and (c) you can do absolutely nothing to change the outcome of a pregnancy beyond the usual not boozing and smoking.

Good luck!

Lucinda15 Tue 16-Feb-16 16:06:33

I am 5 weeks today and have very similar symptoms to you, I could have written the list of symptoms myself! I have also been worrying because they are so mild! I even did another pregnancy test today which came up in a good strong positive so breathed a sigh of relief.

Just to reassure you, I have One DS and have had 2 mc's. With my DS I had mild nausea for a fortnight between 5-7 weeks and vomited only twice. I didn't really have any other complaints. One mc was too early for any symptoms to develop, but the other mc was at 11.5 weeks. During that pregnancy I had a lot of symptoms from 5 weeks; exhaustion, cramping, intense nausea (but no vomiting), huge appetite, aversions to certain foods, major mood swings etc etc. And i guess I'm trying to use those examples to keep myself from panicking. I really don't think there is any reason to think more symptoms indicate a stronger pregnancy or vice versa - although I must admit, I would find some symptoms very reassuring about now!!

Becciilouisex3 Tue 16-Feb-16 16:35:41

Thank you ladies!

& Lucinda you sound exactly like me! I think it's to do with over googling and of course every single pregnancy is different even in the same woman!

It's like if I haven't got any symptoms I think something's wrong because I should have something. If I have got symptoms I worry it's because something's wrong haha my body can't win!

I'm so sorry about your mc's but I have everything crossed for you that this time is your lucky time! All we can do is wait and see I suppose. Some women have mild symptoms and healthy babies, some women have terrible symptoms and healthy babies, same for mc's. You just don't know really!

We'll be fine as long as we relax and let baby and our bodies do their thing! As someone else said if there's no drinking or smoking that's the main thing to consider and apparently taking prenatal vitamins can reduce miscarriage risk by 50%! There's every single chance in the world we'll both have a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby! x

Lucinda15 Tue 16-Feb-16 16:54:11

Thanks for the encouragement becci flowers ur absolutely right. I am trying to relax - some hours/days I feel quite upbeat and excited. Others, the fear gets me and I'm an anxious wreck! That's when mumsnetters boards come in handy wink dnt know what I'd do without the support from these pages. Wishing u a very happy healthy and boring pregnancy! Xx

socktastic Tue 16-Feb-16 17:49:09

My symptoms came on at 7 weeks and began to subside at about 15 weeks with the odd sicky day now and again.

MsFiremanSam Tue 16-Feb-16 19:43:53

I felt normal at 5 weeks - symptims kicked in at 6 and now I feel awful! Sick, tired, more sick...roll on second trimester!

JessieMcJessie Wed 17-Feb-16 14:33:46

Just to say all perfect at my 12 week scan today yet I have had barely a symptom throughout. In fact yesterday I was prodding my boobs and thinking how decidedly un- swollen and un - painful they felt. Was worried sick of course. Yet there it was, happily turning somersaults. smile

Stay strong!

Becciilouisex3 Wed 17-Feb-16 14:48:54

Oh that's amazing news! I'm so happy it's all going well for you and it's definitely very reassuring!

I hope the rest of your pregnancy can be as plain sailing as your first trimester haha! Good luck! x

bulldogmum Wed 17-Feb-16 15:33:01

I'm 38+3 now and in the boring waiting stage where everything is uncomfortable.

But like most others I had barely any symptoms at 5 weeks...apart from being desperately thirsty! The sickness and all the fun started between weeks 6 & 7. For me it never tailed off in the second trimester and I've had about 3 weeks in total throughout the pregnancy with no nausea or anything. Every pregnancy is totally different, so try not to worry too much and once you've had your twelve week scan you'll be able to enjoy things a lot more - it gives you some peace of mind for sure.
But I was just like you worrying and still do now at times with so little time left! It's totally normal, just don't get bogged down in it.
Congratulations!!

Tfoot75 Wed 17-Feb-16 15:45:02

I have had bad sickness both pregnancies - but it didn't start til 6 weeks. Not really any symptoms to speak of at 5 weeks. Chances are everything is fine.

Becciilouisex3 Wed 17-Feb-16 15:57:04

Thank you very much ladies!
I wouldn't be surprised if I regret saying "no symptoms" this time next week haha!

It's just reading what other women have said about getting this and that symptom early on and you just assume you should be experiencing the same which of course isn't necessarily true!

As long as I can make it through these first 12 weeks I'm sure I can relax! I'm a nightmare at the minute, I missed one vitamin yesterday after taking them religiously every day and panicked haha, what am I like?! x

mrsmugoo Wed 17-Feb-16 17:04:13

I had no symptoms at 5 weeks for either of my pregnancies except a missed period.

summeraupair Wed 17-Feb-16 21:05:54

Hi Becci, I'm 5+2 today and I've got no real symptoms to speak of either, boobs are the same as they ever are and I only feel sick if I laugh really hard. Plenty of CM though! Glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting for it all to kick in... and I bet we'll regret wishing for it when it does!

Lucinda15 Thu 18-Feb-16 12:35:32

I'm 5+3 and had nothing to complain about other than sensitive nips. But today exhaustion has hit me like a tidal wave. I could be under the weather (have been battling off a cold last few days), but this type of tiredness reminds me of previous pregnancies. Beginning to suspect symptoms are kicking in....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now