Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan tomorrow

(19 Posts)
fruityb Mon 15-Feb-16 18:53:55

And I'm terrified! I know that this time tomorrow that all will be fine and I'll be hooked on staring at a picture of it. But that doesn't stop me panicking in the meantime. I just want to know that baby is fine and dandy and that all is going as I think it is.

You know when you're worried you've been making it up lol. I've got a rounded tum and have experienced crippling tiredness and an appetite for bland food. I'm hooked on crumpets and toast at present.

Just want to see and wave. And more than likely bawl my eyes put lol.

Runner05 Mon 15-Feb-16 19:18:40

I've got my scan tomorrow too and I feel exactly the same. It's so nerve wracking. We've waited so long to see our babies and I'm terrified that something might be wrong despite my rather epic symptoms and a belly that is trying to out me to the world.

I'm sure we'll both be fine but I thought it might be comforting to know you're not the only one freaking out tonight thanks good luck!

fruityb Mon 15-Feb-16 19:22:37

Thank you! And good luck for tomorrow. I have a tummy that's trying to out me as well! I'm a teacher and the last week of term was getting a major struggle! I can come out next week but I really didn't want to say anything till after the scan. I'm actually excited to tell my classes lol.

It's taken so long to finally get here - got the apt in December. We can officially be excited from tomorrow!

sepa Mon 15-Feb-16 19:26:40

Good luck with your scans tomorrow.
I cried the morning of my 12 week scan convinced there was no baby in there!

KatyK1980 Mon 15-Feb-16 19:27:03

When I went for my 12 week scan I was convinced they were going to say there was nothing there and that I'd imagined the whole thing!! I was so so nervous and the relief at seeing the baby on the screen was immense!!
Enjoy it, it's a lovely experience! flowers

Melt90 Mon 15-Feb-16 19:33:50

Hey congratulations i was same and still am and I'm 16 +3 and I still am like it now it's amazing watching them in the scan mine was a right little wriggler ❤️❤️

fruityb Mon 15-Feb-16 19:36:18

I'm still really really excited but very nervous at the same time. And am also utterly terrified there'll be two looking back at me! Twins run in my family lol.

I am so so excited at making my DP a dad, I have no words. I just want it to all be right.

Melt90 Mon 15-Feb-16 20:09:54

From one worrier to another it will be fine I'm still worried now and I'm now trying to enjoy it can't wait for the kicking to begin :-) xx

fruityb Tue 16-Feb-16 17:17:39

Just to update: today I saw one wriggly little baby on screen! All good and everything seems fine. Can relax now smile thank you for your supportive words.

KatyK1980 Tue 16-Feb-16 17:28:33

Great news, congratulations flowers

sophied1983 Tue 16-Feb-16 20:40:12

I have mine on Thursday and am petrified!!!

fruityb Tue 16-Feb-16 21:01:33

I was sophie and until this afternoon was almost convinced I wouldn't see anything. But I did and it was amazing. You'll be fine, it's a nerve racking time but I'm sure it'll all be exciting and amazing. I couldn't believe how much the little one was moving!

Runner05 Tue 16-Feb-16 21:03:35

Mine was also one wiggly baby. He refused to lay on his back and be measured no matter how much the nurse prodded him with the scanner so in the end I had to lift up my butt and do some wiggling to get him to move lol all was well though and he looks good smile

AddictedtoGreys Wed 17-Feb-16 22:13:16

sophie I also have my 12 week scan tomorrow. Can't sleep I'm worried about it. It's first thing in the morning so I'm glad I don't have to wait around all day for it.

sophied1983 Thu 18-Feb-16 16:27:34

AddictedtoGreys how did it go?

Mine was a wriggler too!

I thought I was only 10+4 due to long cycles and that being all over the place, but he dated me at 11+3 so have gained almost a week... whoop!!!

sophied1983 Thu 18-Feb-16 16:28:48

A little pic...

AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Feb-16 17:58:26

I thought I was 12 + 2 but was dated 12 + 5 smile everything fine and only 1 baby! Was worried it was twins confused glad all went well with yours thanks

AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Feb-16 18:00:29

My little wriggler

fruityb Thu 18-Feb-16 20:42:13

Aww how amazing! I can't wait for my next scan to see how they change smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now