Talk

Advanced search

Cold Chicken Balls?!

(9 Posts)
greyhoundsgalore Mon 15-Feb-16 17:36:16

Bit of a weird one... I'm 10+1 today.

Craved chicken balls last night, so ordered a Chinese. Couldn't finish it, so I put the remaining chicken balls in the fridge.

This morning, the craving was still there, so I ate two cold chicken balls out of the bag, straight from the fridge.

Now, I'm terrified that I'll have caught some kind of bacterial food poisoning from them and potentially harmed the foetus!

I have no symptoms of anything whatsoever, but can't shake the feeling of worry. Have been Googling like a mad thing all morning.

Why didn't I just throw them away?!

Will it be ok? hmm

Imnotaslimjim Mon 15-Feb-16 17:44:58

I'm sure it will be absolutely fine. Did you put it straight in the fridge. As long as you did it won't have gone off

CityMole Mon 15-Feb-16 17:46:01

you're almost certainly going to be ok, especially if they were properly refrigerated. Apart from anything else, the levels of preservative in takeaway Chinese food is high grin. Try not to worry- apart from anything else, what's done is done, and worrying isn't gong to help! (I ate cold Chinese last weekend too, but I am third tri now and of a kind of 'fuck it, what doesn't kill me will make me and him stronger' headspace now.) Seriously though, try not to fret, pet flowers

greyhoundsgalore Mon 15-Feb-16 17:51:18

Thank you both! It was out of the fridge for a bit, but only a bit. I kept picking at them, then put them in the fridge before bed. I thought they would be best to eat cold, without reheating, and then I read about listeria and got myself all worked up!

It's a bloody minefield, what with bath thermometers and worrying about sleeping on my stomach! confused

CityMole Mon 15-Feb-16 17:53:16

I still wake up either partially on my front or flat on my back I have decided to 'pick my battles' when it comes to compliance with the endless list of ideals!

applesvpears Mon 15-Feb-16 17:56:15

I had to stop eating Chinese as it always gives me an..erm.. 'upset' tummy blush. It's not the Chinese we use as everyone else is always fine and it's only since I reached the third trimester. Weird!

hufflebottom Mon 15-Feb-16 17:57:13

Don't fret. I had pate at 10 weeks after having a brain fart and deciding it looked good, just opened and ate. Then felt like shit afterwards.

One thing I'll say, don't google! It's even worse when you're pregnant. Elbow works better than a bath thermometer and just grab a pillow to settle against at night.

However did the chicken balls taste nice?

greyhoundsgalore Mon 15-Feb-16 18:01:37

grin The chicken balls were amazing! They're still calling to me from the fridge, but they're either going in the bin or I might treat the hounds.

We NEVER order Chinese food, but I'm obsessed with eating crap at the moment, thought trying to keep it under control and still getting my fibre and the odd fruit in. Just can't seem to stomach anything healthy.

Thanks everyone; you've made me feel better. Google is NOT my friend...

KP86 Mon 15-Feb-16 18:37:42

If you reheat them to steaming hot then they will be fine to eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now