Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant again but ectopic... :(

(19 Posts)
Tryagain92 Sun 14-Feb-16 14:52:06

Hi all i am new here and hope i put this in the right forum!! Ive had one cornual ectopic in 2013, a PUL in 2016, chemical preg last month and im now pregnant again. Only four weeks from my last "period" (first bleed which was a CP). I had brown mucous when i went loo this morning and getting right sided ache and hip ache so wanted to rule out that im not preg so i can decide it must be my period.. Well the clearblue digi was positive and now i am frightened... This isnt going well already as these symptoms are the same as what i had with my ectopic, pul and cp. I have progesterone suppositories which im taking before i go bed but honestly i am sick of this sad i just "know"... :'( i havent had a period between my cp and now so got preg straight after my cp.

Junosmum Sun 14-Feb-16 15:01:11

Firstly, really sorry about your previous losses. I understand your anxiety about this one, it's totally justifiable however, as a ray of hope at 6 weeks I had brown discharge and agonizing stomach pain, spent 4 days doubled up in tears. A scan with epu showed my bean was exactly where he was supposed to be. He's now snoring away on me, exactly where he's supposed to be. It's not over till it's over. Have you spoken to epu or gp to see about getting a scan to check for ectopic?

Tryagain92 Sun 14-Feb-16 15:08:44

Thank you for your kind words
Unfortunately i cannot see them until im.at least 6 weeks. They told me at epu there's no point as they won't see anything and bloods will not be high enough to know where the baby is positioned. Just fed up of this. Ive noticed when i lay down i get weird taste in my throat thats the only symptom ive got. Just terrified and feel low.

Frazzled2207 Tue 16-Feb-16 11:12:54

How worrying for you. If it helps, i got the bad taste thing, brown mucus and lots of cramping and ended up with two healthy babies.
Please seek advice asap though if the cramping or bleeding gets worse.
I was always told that brown blood is ok, obviously gushes of red blood are not.

FirstTimeInForever Tue 16-Feb-16 17:05:17

I've had a previous ruptured ectopic (lost one fallopian tube ) and a PUL which was eventually found at 16 weeks attached to my chest wall. I also have two Ds's who are 9 and 4. I'm currently pregnant, 9 weeks, and have been scanned by the EPU since I was 3 weeks and 5 days! All fine with this one which is amazing given that my stats for another EP/PUL were 80% and my remaining fallopian tube has been sliced from top to bottom and restitched, meaning that it's damaged all the way down.

I was convinced this pregnancy wasn't going to go well, but obviously, mother nature had other plans! In fact, the only pregnancy during which I bled was when I was pregnant with my youngest DS (no bleeding with the EP/PUL) If I were you, I'd push to be seen earlier by the EPU. Bloods taken every 48 hours, as im sure youll kniw, will give a very good indication if all is well x

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 16-Feb-16 18:45:12

Didn't want to read and run flowers

I had all left sided pain and pain between my shoulder pains and was sent for an early scan. Baby was where he was meant to be and between 5-6 weeks.....I'm now 26 weeks so there is hope. As for the anxiety my best friend has suffered a MC at 16 weeks, had a DS after this and is now pg again, she is 12 weeks today but was convinced when she went for her scan last week that she had lost the baby due to lack of symptoms and some bleeding. Scan was great and the morning sickness has come with a vengeance today!

I hope everything is OK for you! Xx

Tryagain92 Tue 16-Feb-16 19:06:21

Hey thank you so much for your wonderful replies I really do appreciate it star
I am losing faith.. Im glad it turned out well for you everythinggettingbigger and congrats on your preg!! but every time that has happened to me it has always turned out to be the worse case scenario god is never with me during these hard times and I honestly wish an angel is looking over me just to realise how desperately bad I want to be a mummy. I am just scared and losing hope but also trying to be optimistic at the same time. Thanks again and glad your friend is all well xxx

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 16-Feb-16 19:13:39

[Flowers] can you get yourself to the epu? Just tell them you have been bleeding and having pain on one side

FirstTimeInForever Tue 16-Feb-16 20:20:14

I agree with Everything...if you present to the EPU with classic ectopic symptoms, I'd be amazed if they turned you away. In fact, it would be downright neglectful. They should do bloods at the very least x

Tryagain92 Tue 16-Feb-16 22:40:27

Thanks all managed to get last min ultrasound booked for tomorrow and referral for bloods tests cos they may not see anything yet xx

FirstTimeInForever Tue 16-Feb-16 23:06:25

Excellent news. The very best of luck to you and I'll be crossing my fingers for you too flowers x

Haggisfish Tue 16-Feb-16 23:09:21

Everything crossed for you.

Tryagain92 Fri 19-Feb-16 11:00:18

Hi all.
So they couldn't see anything... I understand as I am probably extremely early however the ultrasound tech THINKS this small black dot she saw in my uterus is the beginning of a sac but shes not entirely 'convinced'... God I really hope she's telling the truth!! No mass, bulge or inflammation in tubes or ovaries. Bloodwork on monday to see what my betas are doing. Absolutely terrified sad

Haggisfish Fri 19-Feb-16 11:02:27

Well, it's good about no bulges etc? I think you just accept it will be an horrendous wait and be ultra kind to yourself. Do things you enjoy, eat what you like and don't see anyone who might say the wrong thing!

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 22-Feb-16 08:39:42

Hi Try

How are you feeling?

Tryagain92 Mon 22-Feb-16 13:05:23

Hey all.
Gestational sac is in the uterus! Not ectopic! :D rescan in 2 weeks.

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 22-Feb-16 14:15:15

wow fantastic! great news bet you feel more relieved now smile

Tryagain92 Mon 22-Feb-16 14:31:47

I feel so relieved! They said im a about four weeks but according to lmp im 5w2d but perhaps my dates are off. X

Haggisfish Mon 22-Feb-16 15:07:05

Fantastic news! Here's keeping everything crossed for you. Isn't it amazing they can see such teeny tiny things now?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now