Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else lying awake?

(47 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Sun 14-Feb-16 05:07:45

For some reason I'm awake and have been for the last hour even though I'm so tired I feel as if I could sleep all day most days. Hoping this is just a blip and I'll sleep properly tomorrow. So frustrating though.

Sleepingbunnies Sun 14-Feb-16 05:11:24

Yes!! 39 weeks... have a 7 Yr olds birthday party to get through later on today... zzzzzz

Heavenscent86 Sun 14-Feb-16 05:14:50

Ooh good luck with the birthday party. I hope it goes ok. Thankfully I don't have too much to do with it being Sunday but I'm sure my daughter won't let me get away with doing nothing. Although she has been very good throughout my pregnancy bless her.

mellowyellow1 Sun 14-Feb-16 07:00:20

Me! Had about 2 hours sleep feel like a zombie - only 33 weeks though!

Everythinggettingbigger Sun 14-Feb-16 07:27:32

6am I woke up.......2nd night of his life my 5 year old DS has slept through the night in his own bed......he's still flat out! Fuming with myself lol

Heavenscent86 Sun 14-Feb-16 09:09:41

I'm 33 weeks too mellow. I did manage to go back to sleep but still feeling shattered.

GothicRainbow Sun 14-Feb-16 09:13:18

34 weeks and have been dealing with insomnia for weeks. I go to bed between 10 & 11 manage to sleep until 3/4 depending on what time I get to sleep and then I'm wide awake until about 6 when I fall back asleep until I need to get up at 7 when my toddler wakes.

It's left me feeling horrendously tired during the day but seems like there is nothing much I can do about it other than ride it out.

SpoonfulOfJam Sun 14-Feb-16 10:27:22

Insomnia every night. Awake for hours. Listening to cosleeping toddler snore, and DH snoring in spare room. Induction next week, and the night wakings are only going to get worse. Probably about a year from now till I get a full nights sleep again- if I'm lucky.

Sometimes I go downstairs, have a slice of toast and glass of milk, put news24 on and I'm ready to go back to sleep almost immediately.

GothicRainbow Sun 14-Feb-16 23:17:47

I said the same thing to my DSis today about it being at least a year until I'll get a full nights sleep - that was a depressing thought! Although at least I'll be able to sleep on my back again once the baby is born.

Here's hoping everyone has average/good nights

Red193 Sun 14-Feb-16 23:30:46

I'm lying awake feeling really itchy and bored. DH is up for work in 4 hours and I don't want to wake him so may stay on the sofa until he goes to work but I need my tennis ball for my sciatica and that's in the bedroom!

mellowyellow1 Mon 15-Feb-16 09:21:31

Hope everyone had a better night! Does anyone find they drift off for an hour then are wide awake? I guess it's preparation for months of no sleep!

Sleepingbunnies Mon 15-Feb-16 10:46:10

God yes mellow!

Party was good yesterday. . No baby turned up so that was a bonus! smile

GothicRainbow Tue 16-Feb-16 05:29:19

Haven't properly been to sleep tonight, went to bed at 11pm so not too late but find I just can't get myself into any sort of deep sleep. I'm not uncomfy as such just restless and my brain won't switch off.
Have just been googling for things that might help as I have nothing better to do at 5am! Has anyone thought of trying reflexology??

Glad the party was good sleeping

hazellnut56 Tue 16-Feb-16 06:03:42

Ahh insomnia ! 38+6 today, hubby in second bedroom cos of my snoring (it's very bad I've heard a recording and woken myself up from it! Lol!) really want to meet baby now, I'm so impatient ! 2 loo breaks over night and constant switching sides. Doesn't everyone love the "get lots of rest before baby arrives"...yeah right !! smile

KnitsBakesAndReads Tue 16-Feb-16 06:55:10

Another insomniac here! Went to bed about 11.30, got to sleep sometime after midnight and then woke up at 4 needing the loo and couldn't get back to sleep. Eventually gave up on trying to sleep and got up just after 6. I'm sure I'll be exhausted later today but was just getting sick of lying in bed tossing and turning.

Everyone tells me at least it's good preparation for sleep deprivation when the baby arrives...

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Tue 16-Feb-16 07:05:31

Yeah people say that about preparing you...it doesn't! smile

MadrigalElectromotive Tue 16-Feb-16 07:22:40

I'm having terrible insomnia too. Go to bed between 10-11pm, and I'm awake again between 4-5am. hmm

possum18 Tue 16-Feb-16 07:27:22

I'm only 30 but with twins and starting to really miss long stretches of sleep, I get up to pee 4-6 times per night without fail sad

lokahsamastah Tue 16-Feb-16 07:32:23

Insomnia here too, from 4am onwards. Making up for it by snoring on the sofa as soon as DD is in bed at 8pm blush

Gothic I'm a reflexologist, highly recommend it during pregnancy - although at this early stage most therapists won't treat you unless they have done additional maternity training.

lokahsamastah Tue 16-Feb-16 07:38:32

Sorry Gothic thought I was still on the October thread! blush

Once you're past the first trimester reflexology can be really helpful - clients have reported better sleep post-treatment to me so I'd say give it a go. At worst you get a really lovely uninterrupted foot rub smile

hazellnut56 Tue 16-Feb-16 08:19:55

It seems so unfair waking up 5-6ish cos you think should I get up? I'll be tired later but is this what my body's telling me? Think better of it then drift off for like 45minutes and wake up feeling worse off ? No win situation methinks ! ! Gahhh!! X

mellowyellow1 Tue 16-Feb-16 09:08:37

Agree Hazell when you go back to sleep just for an hour you end up feeling even worse!

GothicRainbow Tue 16-Feb-16 18:17:21

I made the mistake today of falling back asleep just after 6. My toddler DS was then awake at 7am - felt awful when I had to get up.

That's great to hear about the reflexology - there's a couple of reflexologists local to me who have done the maternity training so I will get some quotes - and like you said loka even if it doesn't help the insomnia I'll get a nice foot rub!!

hazellnut56 Wed 17-Feb-16 04:39:34

4:30- so far have had 4 loo breaks and constant tossing and turnage, contemplating going downstairs for a tin of pineapple (cos I'm actually in to it as well as the rumour it can help bring on labour!) hehe... Anyone else get let night cravings ? Need to be up at 6:30 as dogs in doggy day care and will beed feeding before hand (I can't walk them cos of spd and hubby on 12 he shift!) it's like I have children already hehe... Hope everyone else got a better nights sleep ! X

mascaraisamust Wed 17-Feb-16 08:07:23

Eugh waking up 4-5/6 for the last three days. Got a constant headache too grinding me down. 18 weeks and only just approaching half way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now