Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PELVIC floor

(9 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Fri 12-Feb-16 23:17:07

Fourth baby in five years,
32weeks pregnant, pelvic floor shot to pieces.

Bizarre as I can hold my wee (say if needing to hold it) but when in bed, I'll leak? Or bend or move a certain way, it leaks.

Help!!!!!

I don't want to have to wear a liner for the rest of time!

littleraysofsunshine Fri 12-Feb-16 23:19:53

Also when baby is moving very actively it makes it worse. Baby has been head down since 29 weeks

GoingLoopyQuickly Sat 13-Feb-16 04:50:31

I am nl pro, but step up your pelvic floor exercises to rebuild your muscles. It is never too late to help your body along.

Also try to get a physio appt asap. It is common but left alone can get worse. Especially if your pelvic floor has to wprk harder as your pg progresses and you introduce little to its siblings

thistlescot Sat 13-Feb-16 10:19:42

How are your pelvic floor exercises going? If manual ones aren't doing the job you could try one of those pelvic floor exercises I think there's one called the Kegel8...I've not used one but am doing some research into them as would like to buy one.
From the sounds of it it can seem like its slow progress but if you can do them everyday they will make a difference.

ODog Sat 13-Feb-16 20:00:12

My pelvic floor was shot after one baby and I was 26 shock! I got an apt at the women's physio clinic at the hospital and they lent me an electotherapy machine and gave me a course of exercises. It worked a treat and I was back to normal in a few weeks.

I'm currently 28wks pg with #2 and can feel it going again already. Still young at 28yo so I will be doing the same after the birth again this time.

Just talk to the GP and they will get the ball rolling.

littleraysofsunshine Sat 13-Feb-16 20:50:14

I'm only 26 now and my fourth baby! I have had physio but I don't see much difference as baby is getting bigger the pressure is adding downward.

littleraysofsunshine Mon 29-Feb-16 21:50:34

I don't ever seem to gain much from physio.

Has anyone tried the mutu mama system?

I just fall behind on exercises as I never see results and I know it'll take time but it's just really disheartening when nothing helps

spacefrog35 Mon 29-Feb-16 22:18:29

Google for Gussie Grips - she's a mumsnetter, comedienne and expert on pelvic floors. Highly recommended wink

PenguinWatch Mon 29-Feb-16 22:24:57

Nothing to add I'm afraid but I have to ask: am I the only person who immediately clenched when I see the words pelvic floor?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now