Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Carseat Canopy

(10 Posts)
goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:23:44

Sneakily got given my Bounty Newborn pack early by the hospital, and it contains a voucher for a free carseat canopy - basically a blanket that covers the carseat:

www.carseatcanopy.com/cart#new-slings

I get the idea - to shelter from sun - but it just seems a bit weird covering my baby up completely. Would you buy one?

goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:25:15

I don't work for them, by the way. I realise this looks slightly like a market research post! I'm legit, honest and post regularly about tmi pregnancy stuff

FemaleDilbert Thu 11-Feb-16 14:25:16

Just for nap time I guess

TitsCrossed Thu 11-Feb-16 14:30:08

I thought such items were not recommended due to SIDS risk, lack of air flow and all that. Another reason not to support bounty.

GastonsPomPomWrath Thu 11-Feb-16 14:33:53

I've got the Angelina one. It's lovely. I used it for the warmth when she was a newborn in October. They're quite thick. Good for when they're napping. She's 4 months now and I use it if I nip into town and it looks like it might rain a bit, I don't have a car seat raincover so it keeps her dry while I'm going in and out of shops.

goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:45:18

Another reason not to support bounty.

What other reasons? shock </oblivious>

Thanks all, food for thought!

TitsCrossed Thu 11-Feb-16 14:53:00

There has been a MN campaign to get bounty reps off the postnatal wards, I'll see if I cam find link

TitsCrossed Thu 11-Feb-16 14:55:20

Bounty campaign

ThePug Thu 11-Feb-16 16:06:41

What tits said - www.madeformums.com/news-and-gossip/why-covering-your-babys-pram-with-a-blanket-could-put-their-life-at-risk/38186.html Especially as these look to go all the way over with no gaps anywhere for airflow (or to see baby is ok) - stupid idea!

goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 11-Feb-16 16:37:01

Wow, thanks, I had no idea. I'll be prepared to tell them to do one if I see them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: