Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Carseat Canopy

(10 Posts)
goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:23:44

Sneakily got given my Bounty Newborn pack early by the hospital, and it contains a voucher for a free carseat canopy - basically a blanket that covers the carseat:

www.carseatcanopy.com/cart#new-slings

I get the idea - to shelter from sun - but it just seems a bit weird covering my baby up completely. Would you buy one?

goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:25:15

I don't work for them, by the way. I realise this looks slightly like a market research post! I'm legit, honest and post regularly about tmi pregnancy stuff

FemaleDilbert Thu 11-Feb-16 14:25:16

Just for nap time I guess

TitsCrossed Thu 11-Feb-16 14:30:08

I thought such items were not recommended due to SIDS risk, lack of air flow and all that. Another reason not to support bounty.

GastonsPomPomWrath Thu 11-Feb-16 14:33:53

I've got the Angelina one. It's lovely. I used it for the warmth when she was a newborn in October. They're quite thick. Good for when they're napping. She's 4 months now and I use it if I nip into town and it looks like it might rain a bit, I don't have a car seat raincover so it keeps her dry while I'm going in and out of shops.

goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:45:18

Another reason not to support bounty.

What other reasons? shock </oblivious>

Thanks all, food for thought!

TitsCrossed Thu 11-Feb-16 14:53:00

There has been a MN campaign to get bounty reps off the postnatal wards, I'll see if I cam find link

TitsCrossed Thu 11-Feb-16 14:55:20

Bounty campaign

ThePug Thu 11-Feb-16 16:06:41

What tits said - www.madeformums.com/news-and-gossip/why-covering-your-babys-pram-with-a-blanket-could-put-their-life-at-risk/38186.html Especially as these look to go all the way over with no gaps anywhere for airflow (or to see baby is ok) - stupid idea!

goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 11-Feb-16 16:37:01

Wow, thanks, I had no idea. I'll be prepared to tell them to do one if I see them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now