Talk

Advanced search

Help! (TMI) Anal pain

(6 Posts)
goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 10-Feb-16 12:17:50

Hi fellow preggos! I'm 39+4, sooooo ready to have this baby now!

I'm on iron pills which are, naturally, having a bit of an affect on my bowels. I have IBS though, so I'm getting more going out than not, IYSWIM sad

I noticed a bit of blood earlier in the week, probably from a small tear, so switched to using WetWipes, which have been a godsend. But, I went just now and have an awful stinging sensation like an open wound. No blood on wiping though. I'm fairly sure it's not hemarroids (sp?) - yet! - so reluctant to put the cream on it. What should I use? Savlon? (Don't laugh!) Not sure what's safe / appropriate to put on my butthole ...

Any help / advice gratefully received!

RedOnHerHedd Wed 10-Feb-16 12:29:55

I read somewhere about using germolene. I had quite a bit of blood last week and it felt stingy. I used germolene as suggested and no problems since.

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 10-Feb-16 12:32:14

Thanks red!

Imnotaslimjim Wed 10-Feb-16 12:32:54

Yup, germolene. And don't be alarmed if you do see blood, its amazing how much they can bleed! I have an ongoing tear, and its very uncomfortable. Usually they heal within 3 or 4 days though

dizzylemon Wed 10-Feb-16 13:11:52

As someone who has had piles on and off for years, sounds just like that too me. And don't fret if you think you have them 'too soon' - they won't necessarily get worse with time: Despite being a prior sufferer, I've had them on and off throughout (32 weeks now) but never very badly. I use Anusol (which you can get over the counter), but I think it's worth talking to a pharmacist at least about getting something otc. (though some pharmacists will sadly fob you off to a GP for anything but a pharmacist should be qualified enough to make a suggestion).

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 10-Feb-16 13:33:13

Thanks guys, that's made me feel better smile will try germolene

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now