Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore legs and swollen feet

(4 Posts)
Everythinggettingbigger Wed 10-Feb-16 10:55:09

25+1 today. I had my 25 week midwife app on Monday morning, one of the questions she asked me was, have my legs been ok.....I thought it was a strange question, why wouldn't my legs be ok what should I be looking out for? (didn't register with me until I left or I would have asked her directly)

however all day yesterday my legs ached and my feet started to swell, and the same today, to the point I have had to take my shoes off (only flat ballet pump type shoes) because they were feeling a bit tight. Is this what I was meant to be looking out for and if it is should I be letting my midwife know?

this is my 2nd and in my first I really did swell up round 28 weeks, quite badly (had no ankles visible, legs swelled so they were straight up and down), had it checked but it was nothing and it went down again. I know to expect some swelling in pregnancy.

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 10-Feb-16 13:39:00

now I have been getting strong pains in my hips and across lower back?? I would say Braxton hicks but they aren't meant to be painful?

Anyone?

AliceInHinterland Wed 10-Feb-16 13:43:44

This can be just because of all the extra weight and changes to your posture, but I'd keep an eye out for swelling of hands and face, particularly if you get a headache, dizziness, nausea. I really found the back pain ramped up in my second trimester then went again. Try going for a brisk walk to get your circulation going. I found advice about putting my feet up made me much worse.

Jellybean100 Wed 10-Feb-16 17:15:43

They ask about legs because any abnormal areas of swelling in your calfs and any redness or pain is a sign of a blood clot which you're more at risk of in pregnancy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now