Talk

Advanced search

Induction at 40-41 weeks due to pain?

(4 Posts)
AThousandTears Mon 08-Feb-16 18:32:39

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on choosing induction earlier than 42 weeks without medical professionals feeling there is a medical need. Has anyone ever done this?

I'm 36+4 with DS2 and I've been in constant pain for a few weeks now. The pain in my pelvis and back and the pressure at the bottom of my bump is getting worse as he gets bigger and I seriously don't think I can do this for another 5 weeks!
I had to go part time at work because I couldn't cope anymore, then I moved my maternity leave forward because I still couldn't cope. Now I find myself lying on the sofa in pain most of the time. I can barely look after my 3 year old which is breaking my heart. I'm so fed up and I'm worried that mentally this is no longer the best thing for me, my family and baby. The thing is, my blood pressure and all tests have been fine. Baby has a good heart rate and seems happy enough. This has not been offered to me and I know it isn't something to be taken lightly.

I would love to give birth naturally early than 40 weeks to end the pain, but what if I don't?? Will they book me in for an induction between 40 and 41 weeks? I know they probably would want to leave it as late as possible. I'm fine to wait longer to keep him safe.

DS1 was induced at 42 weeks, born 42+1. And I was absolutely fine with induction.

I have a scar across my tummy that was getting stretched to ridiculous levels during pregnancy and causing severe pain - I was in hospital at times for it. The consultant actually suggested early induction; I was booked in for my due date because of it.

(As it was, I was induced at 37 weeks due to pre-eclampsia so it was a moot point, but it can't hurt to ask! Sorry to hear you're in pain flowers )

Skala123 Mon 08-Feb-16 18:45:40

You could have an early sweep rather than induction to start with? I was in horrific pain from severe haemorrhoids and was given a sweep by the consultant at 39+5 and DS arrived the next day

AThousandTears Mon 08-Feb-16 19:04:46

Thanks both for your advice.
An early sweep is a good idea, I'll ask for that while I'm with the midwife tomorrow, see when she can do that.
I didn't even have one with DS1 as his head wasn't engaged so they said they wouldn't do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now