Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

migraine

(3 Posts)
nailsathome Mon 08-Feb-16 10:12:03

I'm 9 weeks pg with dc 3 and I think I've had a migraine for 2 days. I used to get them in my teens and have had the odd one here or there since but never in pregnancy.

I feel like someone is hammering a nail behind my eye and my vision is foggy.

Has anyone else had migraine in pregnancy and what did you do about it?

bluefootedpenguin Mon 08-Feb-16 11:10:40

I had a migraine in later pregnancy and was admitted to be observed as they worried it could be pre-eclampsia. Most of my migraines are hormone related, and as you suffered in your teens and now you are pregnant I would guess yours might be too. I would ring your gp/midwife to be sure, they might want to see you and check your bp. Hope you are feeling better soon.x

Cnmorgan13 Mon 08-Feb-16 11:35:20

I've never had one in my life, and had a hemiplegic migraine during my first trimester at work. Very scary, I lost the bottom half of my vision, I couldn't coordinate my hands (typing writing etc) then I couldn't talk or understand anyone, most of the symptoms of a stroke. My assistant manager had to talk to my doctor as I couldn't explain what was happening to me, my side went numb and I vomitted in my managers bin 😜
I got taken up to the hospital where the symptoms just resolved themselves. Strangest thing ever. My poor hubby and dad rushed to the hospital basically being told I'd had stroke symptoms to find me sitting in bed eating a cheese peace lol. Thankfully never had one since

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now