Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else obsessed with poas throughout first trimester just to make sure??

(6 Posts)
Namethattune Mon 08-Feb-16 10:02:49

I'm 8 weeks with dc2, and keep feeling the need to poas just to make sure I'm still pregnant. I've probably done it once a week since I missed my period. I wasn't like this with dc1, so I don't know where this is coming from. Please tell me I'm not alone in this freaky behaviour!

SwoodMing Mon 08-Feb-16 10:07:43

No I didn't. Also, google 'hook effect' so you don't come on here all freaked out when the lines start getting lighter.

Sorry to sound a bit bored, but you're just wasting money.

Hangrybird Mon 08-Feb-16 10:11:12

I did this! First and second time! I knew it was irrational but I just couldn't help it! So you are not alone! X

zen1 Mon 08-Feb-16 10:19:03

Lol I saw this thread in Active thinking it said 'obsessed with peas' and thought 'that's a funny craving' grin.

With my first (13 yrs ago now) I bought 5 tests as I kept wanting to check the result, but after a couple of weeks I was throwing up multiple times a day so didn't feel the need to check any more.

CorBlimeyTrousers Mon 08-Feb-16 10:20:27

Don't do it. It's not helpful and could cause you worry. Save that money for baby things smile

MetalMidget Mon 08-Feb-16 10:55:30

I did this too, one every week or so until my 12 week scan. Knew it was fairly silly, but it did make me feel better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now