Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm obsessing over food...I miss eating properly

(10 Posts)
foxessocks Sun 07-Feb-16 16:50:13

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have horrible sickness. I've only been sick once but I feel nauseous pretty much all the time and have a horrible taste in my mouth. I am struggling to eat much. Sometimes I'm really hungry but don't know what I want. Sometimes I sit down to eat something then feel sick after one bite and give up. I'm mainly eating toast and cereal and some apples. Nothing interesting basically. It was the same when I was pregnant with dd1 so I know it's normal and I know I will go back to eating normally at some point but I'm still bloody miserable! Then I feel really guilty for feeling so miserable about a happy thing.

Anyway, I keep dreaming of all the food I'm going to eat when I feel better. I'm just thinking of food all the time either trying to work out what to eat or wishing I could eat a great big burger and chips.

My midwife said I was underweight at my booking in appointment but I have no idea what I can do about that right now!

I properly love my food usually so this I feel really lost without being able to go out for meals or cook nice meals for my family. I'm so fed up!

Thats my wallowing done. Anyone else?

mascaraisamust Sun 07-Feb-16 19:09:37

Eat what you want to eat, if you fancy a burger and chips go for it! It's not like you'll have them all the time!

11-15 weeks was really difficult for me to stomach anything too and I practically lived off cheese on toast! Just stomach what you can and don't feel guilty for what you want! The baby will take what it needs from you so just try eat what you like, I was the same. DH would get frustrated as I just couldn't think what to eat!

For me, apples (already sliced), muller yoghurts, currant teacakes and jacket potato with cheese have been a lifesaver and got me through those 11-15 weeks!

Now 17 weeks and eating everything in sight and not giving it a second thought!

mascaraisamust Sun 07-Feb-16 19:11:40

And it will pass (doesn't feel like it at the time though hmm), I felt like I'd never be able to go out for a meal with friends/family again!

foxessocks Sun 07-Feb-16 19:29:04

Thank you for your reply flowers

It's so hard and I get fed up always thinking of food and not in a good way!

You're right it will pass and I'll forget about it!

mascaraisamust Sun 07-Feb-16 21:31:05

I was the same, I'd get annoyed at DHs frustration with me over choosing what I wanted for dinner and generally I'd say 'nothing'. Even if you eat little/often it's something, even if it isn't the fruit/veg diet you'd planned for!

Autumn2014 Sun 07-Feb-16 21:47:25

I was like this and got into watching cookery programmes to make up for my lack of food choices. Hope the nausea passes soon.

kiki22 Sun 07-Feb-16 22:12:15

I'm just the same I was like with with DS too but its worse this time today I've had 2 bowls of cereal, 3 sausages grapes and jelly babies. I've lost half a stone so far (not a bad thing tbh) I just can't face food everything makes me feel sick I couldn't even go for a family meal today because the idea of being in a restaurant surrounded by food was making me more nauseous. I find drinks easier so have been drinking milk and smoothies to try and get some goodness, I've been putting a small amount of protein powder in my smoothies if I've had a bad day.

I'm just doing my best to eat when I can, taking my multi vitamins and plenty of water.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Mon 08-Feb-16 11:03:02

Are you actually getting sick though? I felt dreadful until about 5 mins after eating something. As soon as my blood sugar dropped I would feel very sick.

So I ate my way through morning sickness..... grin

foxessocks Mon 08-Feb-16 11:34:28

I've been sick once but I just don't have much appetite and when I do fancy something I often take a bite and then feel like I'm going to be sick (to the point of actually going to the bathroom) so I stop eating as it puts my off.

Ah well this too shall pass!! Sympathies to you all who are feeling the same

LetThereBeCupcakes Mon 08-Feb-16 11:41:32

Same here, although I have the joy of vomiting too. Week 10 and lost a stone so far. I've managed to eat 3 digestive biscuits today so feeling good about that!

Try and fill the cupboards with a variety of food so you have lots of choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now