Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bouncing on ball to induce labour??

(6 Posts)
oneconfusedchick Sat 06-Feb-16 21:14:30

I've heard this is possible - I have a gym ball and currently bouncing on it (40+11 overdue) - is there anything I can do on it to encourage labour?

tinyme135 Sat 06-Feb-16 21:41:06

I done that, breast stimulation and my OH said having a bug O also helps. I done all three (plus a sweep) and I had my ds two days later.

OH and I binged drank raspberry leaf tea too

zannyminxoxox Sat 06-Feb-16 22:10:33

I did bouncing on ball from 38 weeks everyday my daughter came at 40+12 so for me no.

dylsmimi Sat 06-Feb-16 22:13:04

Not bouncing but rotating your hips round in a circle while on the gym ball is meant to help
In a birthing class it was called 'rotate to dilate' I used it in early labour too which helped
Good luck!

oneconfusedchick Sat 06-Feb-16 23:06:04

Thanks all smile

whatsoever Sun 07-Feb-16 06:10:16

I gather bouncing on the ball is supposed to get baby in the best position fir labour (Ie head down and back to front) rather than actually start labour off. I've been bouncing a bit as its sometimes the only way I can sit comfortably with SPD but it makes the pain worse when I get up so it's swings and roundabouts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now