Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pelvic pain

(6 Posts)
hebs72 Sat 06-Feb-16 12:45:38

Hi ladies - could you share your expertise?

I didn't sleep well last night, with what I think was round ligament pain on the right hand side. Today I have really bad discomfort around the panty line - it feels like constant, severe period pain - to the extent that I suddenly can't walk or move easily.

I'm 35+2, and been bouncing around up until yesterday, so this is really sudden. The baby's wriggling, so could it just be that it's pressing on pelvic ligaments? I don't have any pain in my hips or groin, kinda just at the front over the pelvic area. It's enough to make me cry, which seems ridiculous.

MG35 Sun 07-Feb-16 02:01:40

Hi I'd try speaking to my midwife or call midwifery triage for advice. You might benefit from a pregnancy belt or be referred to physio. I'm 25 +3 and have had bad pelvic pain since about week 18 I've been to physio and I have a hydro physio appointment pending . Good luck xx

Heirhelp Sun 07-Feb-16 02:34:48

Sudden pain that causes you to cry and not be able to walk should be investigated, give your maternity ward/birthing centre a ring for advice.

Battleshiphips2 Sun 07-Feb-16 21:09:05

Is it kind of around your pubic bone at the front?

hebs72 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:39:13

Hi Battleships - yes, that's exactly where it was. In the end, I went back to bed and lay on my left side, and it eased off after several hours.

I have a feeling it may have been the baby having a good old wriggle. It swaps from being oblique to head-down, and back again, on a regular basis, and I wonder whether it ended up lying on nerves or something? Currently head-down, and wriggling merrily, and I feel absolutely fine - so all very odd.

Battleshiphips2 Mon 08-Feb-16 21:17:04

Sounds a bit like my pelvic girdle pain but mine has never gone away. Could be the start of it or it could be just the way baby was lying. Mention it to your midwife at next appt. If it gets worse make an appointment to see someone though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now