Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First scan at 13 weeks and it's TWINS!!!

(12 Posts)
HorseyGal Thu 04-Feb-16 21:05:42

To anyone worrying about there being a problem at their first scan, you should also be prepared that they may tell you you're having twins!!!!

I knew the rough odds of things not going to plan, but I'd never looked up the odds of twins.... had our first scan last week and saw a baby clear as anything straight away, and then as she moved over slightly, I saw another blob which looked similar and she announced it was another baby!!!!!
I have never been so shocked in my life, I couldn't speak! Mega excited about it now though! They're identical, so we will be having scans every 2 weeks to keep a close eye on them!
Good luck to everyone having first scans soon - you never know you could be in for a big surprise! smile

WhatTheActualFugg Thu 04-Feb-16 21:08:08

How very, very exciting for you. Super duper congratulations. Hopefully you'll get lots of advice and stories from twin parents here.

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Thu 04-Feb-16 21:09:32

Wow how exciting is this your first pregnancy?

Mermaid36 Thu 04-Feb-16 21:09:56

Me too! Had our 13 week scan 2 weeks ago (first pregnancy) and found out there were two!!

Complete surprise, as we have no twins on either side of the family!

Ours are MCDA also grin

DontKillMyVibe Thu 04-Feb-16 21:13:14

Wow, congrats Horsey and Mermaid. Think id have passed out with shock if this had happened to me grin

Mermaid36 Thu 04-Feb-16 21:15:18

We had lots of hysterical laughing, then tears, then swearing!

Livelifefortoday Thu 04-Feb-16 21:19:16

That's amazing, you must have been in shock! Now for two of everything. smile Congratulations.

HorseyGal Thu 04-Feb-16 21:40:11

Thank you all, yes this is my first pregnancy!
My partner & I have 3 businesses between us, he has 2 children (6&8) who we have a lot, and I have a horse, so I can't even imagine how busy and shattering this year is going to be... But I'm sure it will be worth it!
Mermaid you're a week ahead of me - scary but exciting isn't it?!!

ispymincepie Thu 04-Feb-16 21:43:22

I was with my sister when she found out she was expecting twins, I totally remember the hysterical laughter, tears then swearing! Craziest day ever. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy.

blessedwithtwo Thu 04-Feb-16 23:47:55

18+4 with ID girls here waves I remember the 8 week scan when we found out and the NHS 12 week scan. It's still surreal now. Absolutely overjoyed though. I cannot wait to meet my girls! Congratulations x

WeeseKeysAreThese Fri 05-Feb-16 07:23:56

Hand up here as well. We already have a 23month old DD. We got the shock of our lives, it took me about 2 months to process it!. Currently 31 weeks with dcda boys and looking forward to meeting them.
Good luck!

HorseyGal Fri 05-Feb-16 07:58:45

Thank you everyone! And congrats to you too Blessed & Weese!
It is so exciting isn't it?!! 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now