Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What actually happened to me today

(12 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Thu 04-Feb-16 20:01:25

Today whilst at work I had an awful turn. I started to see black dots in my eyes and felt extremely light headed. I work in a nursing home and a nurse did my blood sugars which were perfect and took blood pressure which was high at 148 over 90.
I felt awful and had really bad head ache but it was my vision which worried me most
I called my gp and went for an appointment this afternoon. The gp tested my blood pressure again and this time it was much better he said he doesn't believe the nurse did my blood pressure correctly and wants me to rest and go back for any other check tomorrow but didn't give me any idea of what could have happened.
I'm 17 weeks pregnant gas anyone experienced anything like this too?

Pandopops Thu 04-Feb-16 20:04:21

Had you had plenty to eat & drink?

bippitybopityboo Thu 04-Feb-16 20:13:51

That'd maybe it I had toast but only as I started to feel unwell before that i had skipped breakfast as I didn't have the time. Stupid I know sad

kamillaw Thu 04-Feb-16 20:15:10

You could well have been about to faint. I'd call your Midwife rather than see the GP.

usual Thu 04-Feb-16 20:15:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Inwaiting Thu 04-Feb-16 20:15:56

I had exactly the same on Monday. Midwife thinks baby is having a bit of a growth spurt. I've been eating every three hours since (just small) and it seems to have mellowed out a bit. Hope you're ok OP it took me w few days to recover xx

VagueIdeas Thu 04-Feb-16 20:18:10

Sounds exactly like a near faint. It's usually black dots in vision + pins and needles in extremities + loss of hearing = crashing to the floor. Thankfully you didn't manage the last bit.

Missingcaffeine Thu 04-Feb-16 20:21:55

It sounds like you were about to faint, which can be fairly common in pregnancy as your blood pressure often drops - that is probably why the GP thought your reading was likely to be incorrect. 148/90 is a high BP, and is fairly unusual at your stage of pregnancy. I'm 17 weeks and my BP has been around 90/50 at last two checks and I often feel light headed. Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids as if you're dehydrated you're more likely to feel faint. If you feel like this again, sit down with your head between your knees and get someone to bring you a drink.

goodnightdarthvader1 Thu 04-Feb-16 21:24:51

Sounds like a faint. Get your iron levels tested ASAP

socktastic Fri 05-Feb-16 18:35:24

From what you've described, I wouldn't rule out a migraine. Mine always start off with the floating spots then the headache kicks in. Go to the docs and get yourself checked.

Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 05-Feb-16 18:42:30

Hope you're ok bippity! flowers

Cnmorgan13 Fri 05-Feb-16 19:21:09

I had a hemiplegic migraine in my first trimester. Mimics a lot of stroke signals scary as fuck. Pregnancy is just wonderful grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now