Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bump pictures

(17 Posts)
pinkmallow Thu 04-Feb-16 10:33:53

Did anyone not take bump pictures week by week and regret it? I wish I had now but didn't show til at least 7months and really don't like my photo taken! I feel like I'll feel sad I didn't but at the same time does it really matter?!

becksmumtobe Thu 04-Feb-16 10:43:56

Hi pinkmallow,
With my first pregnancy I didn't and realised I only had one bump picture throughout the whole 9 months, I have regretted it a little bit, just to see when I got the proper bump would be nice!
Planning to take a few pics this pregnancy! grin

Champagneformyrealfriends Thu 04-Feb-16 13:09:28

I haven't-I think I've taken 2-one at about 5 months and one at 7. I don't think I'll take any more though-I look like a different person and it scares me!

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 04-Feb-16 13:40:15

I only have 1 bump picture from my first, and that was because we were on holiday but it was only from 18 weeks too. My DS baby book had a section in for "mummy's growing tummy" so luckily I had the one pic I could use. I have taken a few this pregnancy but mostly been underwear shots so not something I would be showing off anyway but I do have one from 12 weeks, im going to take another in 2 weeks time at 6 months, then another around my due date and then one with the baby once he is born. I do regret not having more pics (I hated having my pic taken too) from my first pregnancy

Scoopmuckdizzy Thu 04-Feb-16 13:44:03

I don't have many photos of me when I was pregnant first time around. With DS2 I have a photo for every week starting at around 16 weeks and I've been doing the same this time.

DontKillMyVibe Thu 04-Feb-16 20:27:32

I'll be doing it every 4 weeks as bought some bump sticker things which are in multiples of 4 - have one so far at 8 & 12 (though the 8 one is cheating slightly as I was really 10 weeks but had only just ordered them).

Only doing it because I noticed someone on PInterest doing it and then discovered 1000s at it so felt guilty for not even thinking of doing it before that grin

DontKillMyVibe Thu 04-Feb-16 20:28:48

I'm not quite sure what I'm planning on doing with the pics though and they're certainly not for public viewing. Maybe put in an album and bore the child with them when he or she is older grin

sepa Thu 04-Feb-16 20:31:57

I have weekly ones of my bump. not really sure why but it's a habit I have got into

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 04-Feb-16 20:34:00

I didn't take them to start with as thought they were really show offy and cringey, but as my bump started to grow I did start taking them regularly, I think I've got like week: 17, 19, 20, 22, 24 etc then every week from about 32 weeks. I didn't start showing until very late but when I did I looked the best I've ever looked and really treasure those pictures. I definitely did NOT post them anywhere though, they're just for me.

sepa Thu 04-Feb-16 20:40:18

I haven't posted them anywhere either Bendy. I find the Facebook ones weird!
I will probably just print these and pop them in the baby book when I get one

DontKillMyVibe Thu 04-Feb-16 20:50:50

Has anyone come across any nice pregnancy photo albums to put the scan and bump photos in? Just had a quick Google and the few I did find are all shipped from America which I don't want

Jw35 Thu 04-Feb-16 20:52:09

I couldn't be bothered to do one every week! I might do one a month

Missingcaffeine Thu 04-Feb-16 20:52:19

pink mallow - don't feel sad, there really isn't much point in taking a photo every week, especially in the early weeks. Just make sure you get some with your bump as they are fun to look back on. I took one the day before I went into labour (by chance) and I love it as I am massive and can't believe my bump was that big!! Also make sure you take little videos of your baby when they are born, as again, most people take loads of photos, but forgot to take videos and we have loved looking back at the few videos we have of our little one.

DontKillMyVibe Thu 04-Feb-16 20:55:56

Mallow, if you didn't start showing until 7 months there wouldn't have been much point in taking weekly or monthly ones as you wouldn't have looked much different in them! Take a few now and do so weekly or fortnight until you give birth if you think you'll regret not doing it

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 04-Feb-16 20:56:30

Yes yes yes, take videos!!!! Been saying to DH a lot lately that we didn't take any vids when DS was a newborn! It's sad as they change sooooo quickly. They don't DO anything as newborns but video them anyway because they are so small and lush. We video all the time now but wish I had some of the v v early days.

Missingcaffeine Thu 04-Feb-16 21:14:16

Luckily we have one video about 5 seconds long of me holding our baby shortly after he was born looking adoringly at his lies squished face! That video is more precious to me than any photo or other video I own. It just takes me back to that moment.

Missingcaffeine Thu 04-Feb-16 21:14:55

little (not lies!) squished face

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now