Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this mucus plug related?

(7 Posts)
Chattycat78 Tue 02-Feb-16 20:12:39

Hi guys,

A bit worried because today I had small amount of clear, thick, jelly like discharge. Am only 18 weeks! This is the first time I have noticed discharge of this type which is why I'm a bit worried. I didn't get this in my last pregnancy.

Is it a sign of something about to happen eg preterm labour, or am I just being silly? I've had no other symptoms (so far, touch wood).

MintyBojingles Tue 02-Feb-16 20:21:52

No, clear egg white like discharge is normal in pregnancy. I had it a lot last pregnancy but barely anything this time so far. Did you see your mucus plug last time? Freaky gross stuff that!

Chattycat78 Tue 02-Feb-16 20:25:50

No I was induced so I never saw it. Is it definitely normal? I wouldn' t describe it as like egg white- it was too thick- more formed- like jelly, although it was an egg white colour. That's what made me think it was something abnormal!
Thanks for replying.

primarynoodle Tue 02-Feb-16 20:33:20

I have had this a couple of times (am 17 weeks) so far and had a very healthy scan and internal exam last week and no problems there.

My midwife thinks it is my body preparing cervical mucus for ovulation as normal but because of preg hormones the mucus is thicker or jellier etc!

spacefrog35 Tue 02-Feb-16 20:34:49

I've had similar and been told it was normal. Various colours, consistencies and quantities but no-one seemed in the slightest concerned

Lj8893 Tue 02-Feb-16 20:39:42

Stringy mucous discharge is normal in pregnancy.

Also, if it was your mucous plug there's nothing to worry about, it can "regrow".

Iwonderif Thu 04-Feb-16 21:59:13

I had this. Wrapped it in tissue and showed my MW. It wasn't the plug it was normal pregnancy discharge. It was just how you described OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now