Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31 +5 weeks measuring 39 weeks

(7 Posts)
zannyminxoxox Tue 02-Feb-16 16:42:44

I have been to midwife today and she measured me to be 39 weeks. I have already had a growth scan at 30 weeks and baby was measuring 4lb 2oz so I know he will be big my other two children were big babies too but only measured 1-2 weeks in front at midwife appointments. Anyway I am now panicking that I am going to go into labour early with him measuring so big and he will also be ginormous. Im hoping the measurements were inaccurate. Has anyone else experienced this and can give any advice would be much appreciated smile

RugbyWidow7 Tue 02-Feb-16 20:02:07

Can you get a second opinion? I think I would in your situation

Oysterbabe Tue 02-Feb-16 20:58:34

I measured big throughout and my baby is 9th centile. I think these measurements can be very inaccurate.

AmyB1986 Tue 02-Feb-16 21:22:27

I measured big because my babies were both breech, heads and bums can feel very similar!
Ask for a scan to check on babies position. They can turn around still until 37 weeks!

Gunting Tue 02-Feb-16 21:33:00

I measured small and had a baby on the 99th centile so I wouldn't worry about it the measurements are often wildly inaccurate.

zannyminxoxox Tue 02-Feb-16 21:45:25

I had scan at 30 weeks they said he was 4lb 2oz estimated. He was head down and midwife says he is still head down. I am hoping she was inaccurate with the measurement. I have consultant on friday so will know more then. Its just worried me with him measuring so much ahead

AmyB1986 Tue 02-Feb-16 22:08:31

When I was 18 weeks pregnant they rushed for an emergency scan because I was measuring 27 weeks with a tape measure between pubis and the top of my womb. Had my scan a week later confirming I was still 19 weeks not as they measured. I wouldn't worry at all. Baby was probably in a different position that day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now