Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnant or paranoid

(6 Posts)
Xocharxo Mon 01-Feb-16 16:28:05

Can anyone give me some advise please? I'm on the depo injection and am due my 5th one beginning of March but have recently been having pregnancy symptoms.. I've been told by plenty of people I'm just being paranoid and that's it's near impossible to fall pregnant on the injection, a week after my first one I stopped bleeding completely but didn't put on any weight or have any other side effects yet the last few weeks I've slowly started gaining weight (but haven't changed my diet) and my boobs have slowly started to get bigger and more tender, I've also started feeling more and more tired, I'm embarrassed to go to my GP incase I am just paranoid and I waste their time, I just don't know what's going on sad

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 01-Feb-16 16:30:37

You don't have to go to the GP, just buy a pregnancy test.

Xocharxo Mon 01-Feb-16 16:37:52

I was planning to once I finish work later tonight but wanted to know if it is even possible and if it has happened to anyone before as I purposely chose the depo injection as I fell pregnant on the pill before

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 01-Feb-16 16:53:52

I think it's safe to say that no method of contraception is 100% foolproof.

However, only way to know if you yourself are pregnant is to POAS.

Xocharxo Mon 01-Feb-16 17:09:20

Thanks I'll do it tonight once I finish work and am with my partner smile

KitKat1985 Mon 01-Feb-16 18:06:29

No method of contraception is 100% secure so it's not impossible, although it's unlikely. Hopefully a pregnancy test will put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now