Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

worried about MMC

(9 Posts)
AmyAmy29 Sun 31-Jan-16 12:28:47

I've not long had a scan at 7 + 5 weeks. The baby measured exactly 7 + 5 weeks was high up in my womb and had a very strong heartbeat the consultant says...but what are the chances of something still going wrong before 12 weeks...I had a MMC last year at 5 weeks the heart didn't even start beating so I can't help but worry this time confusedeverything's just getting to me sad

mmmminx Sun 31-Jan-16 12:34:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmyAmy29 Sun 31-Jan-16 13:13:32

Thank you!! I heard it drops to 2% after you see the heartbeat at 8 weeks but I don't know what to believe I just have to try and stay calm until my next scan which is four weeks

WeeseKeysAreThese Sun 31-Jan-16 13:29:06

Your chance of a good outcome far far outweigh the chance of a bad one. Relax and try not to stress. X

Eastend2015 Sun 31-Jan-16 15:51:17

Hi Amy, I understand after an EP and MMC myself. Currently 20 weeks, so hopefully 3rd time lucky! We kept ourself same by reading the miscarriage association advice- "Research amongst women with a history of recurrent miscarriage has shown that those who saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy had a 78% chance of the pregnancy continuing. It also showed that seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks increased the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks that went up to 99.4%."
So the risk does go down as the weeks go by and TBH, I found there is some comfort from knowing nothing you can do will change the outcome. The odds are in your favour!

Alice1983 Sun 31-Jan-16 21:19:25

I am 11+6 today and feel just as you do, had a scan at exactly 9 weeks and all was well. Got my scan on Friday and really worried something will be wrong after a MC last year. I cant help to feel like something is wrong especially as my symptoms are dissapearing, but not sure if thats because i am reaching my 12weeks or because something is wrong, just wanted to let you know you are not alone x

AmyAmy29 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:01:43

Thank you everyone the comments have helped ease my mind just have to hold off until the 12 week scan!! Fingers crossed

BartlayWhitlaymoore Mon 01-Feb-16 01:14:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BartlayWhitlaymoore Mon 01-Feb-16 01:18:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now