Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Labour playlist

(16 Posts)
MouldyPeach Sun 31-Jan-16 09:49:20

I'm so tired with this pregnancy and bored, lazing in bed when I can. Thinking this morning about what music to have plying during labour. I've started to make a labour playlist but it seems to all be a bit tinkly and acoustic, I don't know if I want to be relaxed or have something more intense. With prev labours one had the radio on and the other was in silence. This is my first home birth so I'm looking forward to having musical control.. although probably won't even think of it when the time comes, but it keeps my brain busy for now!

What did you listen to during labour and did it help?

timelytess Sun 31-Jan-16 09:54:47

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU&list=RDvCadcBR95oU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi_QqX5ioWM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAR4aEtaH4c

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=come+on+eileen+dexy%27s+midnight+runners

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u3VEoxQLPE

wink

timelytess Sun 31-Jan-16 09:55:37

Sorry, just to be clear - I didn't listen to anything during labour. Running in my head was a milk ad 'Milk has got a lotta bottle'. It was a long time ago.

Fourormore Sun 31-Jan-16 09:56:52

I had Ben Howard's first album on repeat.

NotSpeaking Sun 31-Jan-16 10:00:08

Had radio on for my first, was there for hours and they seemed to play Jessie J's "do it like a brother" on repeat. I now hate that song with passion...

MouldyPeach Sun 31-Jan-16 10:13:46

I'm always getting songs stuck in my head and can imagine going into a trance singing a song from the school nativity play or something!

Love 'push it' grin

Dixiechick17 Sun 31-Jan-16 12:57:58

I had Enya songs playing, we had instrumental Enya music playing at our wedding when the guests were waiting, and just ny coincidence they had an enya cd playing in the birthing suite. I found it pretty soothing.

Junosmum Sun 31-Jan-16 16:14:15

I think any music would have driven me mad. Silence was needed.

Mummyme87 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:28:13

I had some hypnobirthing music on then a mixed playlist of some chilled stuff and some upbeat. Ended up listening to Ella Henderson - ghost on repeat

Runningupthathill82 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:30:59

In my first labour I had two of my favourite artists playing throughout. I haven't been able to listen to either of them since as they remind me of a hideous experience.

Second time round, there was some sort of relaxing tunes compilation on in the background at the MLU. I didn't even register it was on until I was delivering the placenta.

FusionChefGeoff Sun 31-Jan-16 16:59:06

Not very helpful but I needed something that was hugely familiar - a well loved album which I knew every lyric and found it very comforting in a way. I think anything random or unpredictable might have been a very unnecessary distraction.

For DC1 it was The Best of Beautiful South and DC2 was The Stone Roses.

MrsUnderwood Sun 31-Jan-16 17:07:13

I had a C section and thought it would be funny to put Up Jumped The Devil by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds as the first track on my playlist. When it came on the theatre staff looked horrified. grin

whatsoever Sun 31-Jan-16 22:57:43

I made a calm labour playlist (for the 1st phase)and an energy labour playlist (for the 2nd phase) - pushing stage never quite happened for me so had the calm one on A LOT! Got DH to pick a few other albums to break it up too. Aiden Grimshaw's Misty Eye got at least a couple of spins, it was my favourite at the time.

BartlayWhitlaymoore Mon 01-Feb-16 01:18:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ispymincepie Fri 05-Feb-16 20:55:34

The Daisy Birthing website has a playlist you can download I think....

Biscuitsneeded Fri 05-Feb-16 21:43:34

MY DP spent ages making a CD for me to play with all my favourite songs on. When it came to it I found the noise really irritating and made him turn it off!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now