Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9 weeks tomorrow with spots of bright red blood

(6 Posts)
pa55methecake Sun 31-Jan-16 00:14:51

Hi, I'm looking for some positive reassurance from you lovely experienced ladies. Sorry if tmi!! Early tonight when trying to go for a poo, when I wiped there were spots of bright red blood and I mean bright red! I wasn't particularly straining, I just tried to go and couldn't. I immidiately panicked and cried lots and then called 111 who said an out of hours dr would call back within 2 hours. That has now passed with no phone call. I have no pain other than usual twinges and have had no more blood. I'm really tired so thinking I'm better off putting my phone on silent and getting some sleep as I'm very sure dr will not say anything other than wait and see. My symptoms have improved somewhat over the last few days which has worried me but I do have definite symptoms. This coincides with me waking up on Thurs eve with awful cramps which passed within an hour but no bleeding.

Does anyone have any similar experiences or words of advice. Thank you!!

Floggingmolly Sun 31-Jan-16 00:21:11

Everyone is different; but I bled throughout the the first 12 weeks of pregnancy with ds1 (2nd child, after 2 early miscarriages). The midwives told me it wasn't exactly normal, but it was extremely common.
Best of luck; it's not necessarily a sign of impending disaster, but it's impossible not to worry, I know flowers

Proudmumof2boys Sun 31-Jan-16 00:30:05

When trying to poo? Where is the blood from - not possible internal piles? x

Cheekylittlemonkeypants Sun 31-Jan-16 07:20:06

I had a gush of bright red blood on Christmas eve at 9 wks pregnant, so went to out of hours. There was nothing they could do, usual checks of temp and bp, no examination but they referred me to the early pg unit 2 days later. All was fine at the scan. I've since had 2 more bouts of bleeding and worked out that it happens after straining with a poo, so now I'm trying not to let myself get constipated.

pa55methecake Sun 31-Jan-16 08:50:46

Thank for all you replies. proudmum it defintely wasn't from the back.

That's reassuring cheeky thank you! I hope you are doing well.

I ended up going to sleep last night as I was so tired. I checked my phone this morning and they'd called back after about 3.5 hours, I had three missed calls asking me to call 111 again. I got to speak to someone from the medical team and he was great and said it sounded fine but check with GP tomorrow and call back before if needed. I've also just had a call from the district hospital and they were lovely and very reassuring. She told me if I have any more to call back and they can arrange for me to have a scan but it sounded fine and possibly linked with trying to go to the loo. Fingers crossed... going to take it easy today and arrange to see my GP in the morning. Thanks ladies

Cheekylittlemonkeypants Sun 31-Jan-16 17:22:52

Sorry I neglected to say that I'm now 14.5 wks and all has been fine since 11.5 wks, my 12 wk scan showed a very active healthy baby! Do take it easy, I think the rest definitely helped me. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now