Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

missed period but negative tests

(8 Posts)
Mummyrabbit1225 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:48:47

Hi, I'm new to mn just wanted to see if anyone has any advice they could give me. I'm now 11 days late but have taken 4 pregnancy tests (cheap ones off eBay) and they are all negative! Could there be any other reasons why my period hasn't arrived yet?

sepa Sat 30-Jan-16 22:52:05

There could be plenty of reasons. Are you TTC? My body would miss a period I think to piss me off and get my hopes up.
I would make an appointment with your dr to see if they can shed any light on it.
Maybe worth doing a different type of test just so you have that covered. The superdrug ones were the ones I used

Mummyrabbit1225 Sat 30-Jan-16 23:27:08

Hi sepa, yes we have been ttc so this is why it's confusing me, I shall try another type of test and see what that says. I've got a smear test on Monday so was going to ask them if there are any other reasons for this.

Iqz7 Sun 31-Jan-16 04:31:16

Hello, just joined and this thread popped up.
I have been trying to conceive for the last 8 months and in those 8 months my periods have always been a week late.
Before trying ttc I had regular 24-26 days period since I can remember but now they go own for 30 days plus.
It's so annoying because every month I have a feeling this could be my lucky month but I get negative results everytime.
I just wouldn't stress too much about it and give it a week and if your af doesn't arrive until then, you should definitely make a doctors appointment. smile

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sun 31-Jan-16 05:12:40

Plenty of reasons why your period may be awol but to rule out pregnancy I would do a superdrug early response test. The cheapies were very late in giving a positive result for me in comparison - I think the quality of the cheapy tests has gone downhill dramatically in the last few years

Mummyrabbit1225 Sun 31-Jan-16 08:12:18

Thank you for your responses, I will get another test and try that. Do you think it's still ok to have a smear test tomorrow as you're supposed to have it during the middle of your cycle but obviously I didn't have a period?

LouLou030783 Sun 31-Jan-16 09:16:13

I'd explain the situation the may want to do a pg test first to be safe

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sun 31-Jan-16 09:53:55

In America they have smears throughout pregnancy so I'd be less concerned about that and more about them not getting a good enough cell sample

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now