Talk

Advanced search

missed period but negative tests

(8 Posts)
Mummyrabbit1225 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:48:47

Hi, I'm new to mn just wanted to see if anyone has any advice they could give me. I'm now 11 days late but have taken 4 pregnancy tests (cheap ones off eBay) and they are all negative! Could there be any other reasons why my period hasn't arrived yet?

sepa Sat 30-Jan-16 22:52:05

There could be plenty of reasons. Are you TTC? My body would miss a period I think to piss me off and get my hopes up.
I would make an appointment with your dr to see if they can shed any light on it.
Maybe worth doing a different type of test just so you have that covered. The superdrug ones were the ones I used

Mummyrabbit1225 Sat 30-Jan-16 23:27:08

Hi sepa, yes we have been ttc so this is why it's confusing me, I shall try another type of test and see what that says. I've got a smear test on Monday so was going to ask them if there are any other reasons for this.

Iqz7 Sun 31-Jan-16 04:31:16

Hello, just joined and this thread popped up.
I have been trying to conceive for the last 8 months and in those 8 months my periods have always been a week late.
Before trying ttc I had regular 24-26 days period since I can remember but now they go own for 30 days plus.
It's so annoying because every month I have a feeling this could be my lucky month but I get negative results everytime.
I just wouldn't stress too much about it and give it a week and if your af doesn't arrive until then, you should definitely make a doctors appointment. smile

CatsCantFlyFast Sun 31-Jan-16 05:12:40

Plenty of reasons why your period may be awol but to rule out pregnancy I would do a superdrug early response test. The cheapies were very late in giving a positive result for me in comparison - I think the quality of the cheapy tests has gone downhill dramatically in the last few years

Mummyrabbit1225 Sun 31-Jan-16 08:12:18

Thank you for your responses, I will get another test and try that. Do you think it's still ok to have a smear test tomorrow as you're supposed to have it during the middle of your cycle but obviously I didn't have a period?

LouLou030783 Sun 31-Jan-16 09:16:13

I'd explain the situation the may want to do a pg test first to be safe

CatsCantFlyFast Sun 31-Jan-16 09:53:55

In America they have smears throughout pregnancy so I'd be less concerned about that and more about them not getting a good enough cell sample

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: