Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bottles!!!

(37 Posts)
MG35 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:17:56

Me and DH are deciding on which bottles to go for for little one and we are torn between tommee tippee and Avent. Anyone had experience with their babies and have recommendations on which one baby likes best?

I am hoping to breastfeed too so I want the ones that are easy for baby to latch onto for DH to help with feeds. Thanks in advance xx

bluewisteria Sat 30-Jan-16 22:20:17

I did combined feeding with DD1 with tommee tippee, she had no problems with them and no nipple confusion between bottle and breast.

bluewisteria Sat 30-Jan-16 22:21:23

Oh, before those I tried Avent and Medala, she took to neither.

bluewisteria Sat 30-Jan-16 22:22:43

Sorry I mean dr brown and Avent. Medala we used their breast pump and it came with a bottle and teat to pump into but she wouldn't take it either. So i used to pump into bags and transfer into tommee tippee.

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:32:03

I've heard very good things about Avent, so I've bought them so DH can feed expressed.

lilone1234 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:35:21

Would recommend Avent Natural ones, teats more breast/nipple shaped than traditional teats.

lfitzgerald100 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:41:03

I used Tommee tipiee with my first and he took to them no problem, I have bought avent this time around, just incase I dont have much luck bf

aspoonfulofyourownmedicine Sat 30-Jan-16 22:44:08

I used Tommee Tippee with my DS 6 years ago, and am looking at the same for this dc when he/she arrives. I still have my tommee tippee steriliser from my ds too.

ODog Sun 31-Jan-16 07:31:34

The only bottle my ebf baby would take in the end was a mam bottle. Same with a dummy.

Bells2307 Sun 31-Jan-16 08:07:58

I'm going to try NUK bottles, there specifically for combined feeding. My midwife said it was the teat that was the important bit and you might have to try a few to find what baby likes, good luck X

Impatientwino Sun 31-Jan-16 08:17:17

I initially used Avent bottles to give my DS expressed milk but soon moved to Dr Browns - they are fab. So much less wind!

zannyminxoxox Sun 31-Jan-16 08:28:05

I used tommee tippee no problems with either of my 2 and shall be using them with my 3rd

Lulabells Sun 31-Jan-16 11:36:46

I recommend Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles. I could breastfeed and use these at the same time but probably depends on baby! Good luck xx

Gunting Sun 31-Jan-16 11:38:58

Tommee tippee closer to nature are fab

bluewisteria Sun 31-Jan-16 11:56:04

A midwife once told me to choose a bottle teat that was close to my own breast/nipple shape. And the tommee tippee is the closest and only one my children took to, maybe a truth in it, who knows.

Luciferbox Sun 31-Jan-16 12:00:52

DS1 loved Tommee Tippees, DS2 hated them and we had to switch to Dr Browns. I now have 10 almost new TT bottles sat in a cupboard. My advice would be to only buy a few bottles just in case they reject them.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 31-Jan-16 19:56:55

Only thing I can say is that don't go all out buying entire sets before you check if the baby likes that particular bottle. Or agrees to take any bottles whatsoever (says bitter mum of 2 bottle refusers)

Crumbles12 Sun 31-Jan-16 20:02:40

I'm another voter for Tomee Tippee, they are shaped similar to a breast and my DC was fine switching from BF by me to EBM in a bottle by dad. It didn't seem to confuse him in the slightest. As they get older aswell they can adapt into toddler sippy cups which seemed to make the transition easier for us!

5madthings Sun 31-Jan-16 20:02:42

Tommee tippee are in the process of changing their bottle design, think new one is about to be released.

Avent have refused their natural one and still so their 'classic' design.

I wouldn't buy loads as you don't know what baby will like. I used avent as they were compatible with my pump.

But whatever you choose I would just make sure you can easily get hold of spare teats etc, I have noticed some of my local supermarkets etc don't all stock both avent styles or they stock the new tommee tippee and not the old etc.

I would assume as new style tommee tippee is out the older closer to nature ones will be cheaper?

MG35 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:29:18

Thank you all 15 weeks to go so got plenty of time to plan xx

BartlayWhitlaymoore Mon 01-Feb-16 01:09:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ICJump Mon 01-Feb-16 02:07:21

If it's just the occasional rather than full time you can cup feed from birth. There are some great you tube videos to show you how and it's the added bonus of not needing to spend anything.

Runningupthathill82 Mon 01-Feb-16 07:25:55

Firstly, don't go buying loads - you don't know if you'll be able to express or if you'll have the time to do so, so no point in wasting your money. You can always get bottles once the baby is born.

I used Tommee Tippee closer to nature ones for my bf son and they were fine. Don't buy the tommee Tippee electric breast pump though, it's dreadful, and always on offer for a reason.

Oysterbabe Mon 01-Feb-16 09:01:05

We use Avent. My baby doesn't like Tommee Tippee. I find the shape of the bottles weird and she can never drink the last 20ml.

Mumberjack Mon 01-Feb-16 12:05:22

We had bought avent ones but soon switched to dr brown, really helped with colic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now