Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itchy, restless legs and skin all over!

(12 Posts)
MrsMitchell15 Sat 30-Jan-16 18:34:00

People, I'm suffering! I'm 27 weeks and have had a very lucky pregnancy. No morning sickness (don't hate me!!) and I've only started to show in the last couple of weeks. I've had restless legs occasionally over my life and the symptoms usually go away really quickly.

However, today I've been itchy all over. Not proper itch-yourself-til-you-bleed but almost an annoying tickle. Legs, arms, shoulders, back, but mainly my legs. It's driving me crazy. And I'm also restless when I've only just sat down after wondering round the shops most of the day with rest stops in every shop blush .

How can I stop this constant itchyness, and the restless feeling. It's driving me up the wall....

Thanks in advance, and hello by the way! This is my first post... Oops...

NotSpeaking Sat 30-Jan-16 19:03:26

Cold water on legs worked for me. Hormones make you crazy

GirlInTheDirtyShirt Sat 30-Jan-16 19:05:43

Itching could be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Not to be alarmist, but could you call your midwife?

caker Sat 30-Jan-16 19:09:03

Can also be a spurn of iron deficiency.

caker Sat 30-Jan-16 19:09:39

*sign

Owllady Sat 30-Jan-16 19:11:13

Also obstetric cholestatis too, so get it checked
Otherwise, have you changed your washing powder?

MrsMitchell15 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:33:34

Owllady, not changed my washing powder. Have had the itchy and restless thing for years but it's just so much worse lately...

GirlInTheDirtyShirt, I'm a total newbie at all this so going to have to google exactly what pre-eclampsia is. Have midwife on Thursday but if i need to contact before then, I will smile

Thanks all for your advice so far!

MrsMitchell15 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:34:54

Should have mentioned, my blood pressure has been low over the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy, if that helps?

NotQuiteSoOnEdge Sat 30-Jan-16 19:37:55

I'd second googling choleostasis.

LadyLuck81 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:40:01

Itching so severe could be a symptom of something serious or it could just be one of those pregnancy things. I'd call my midwife, or if it increases in intensity the hospital unit, to talk through everything properly. They may want to see you. But you won't know if you don't tell them what's happening.

MrsMitchell15 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:45:01

It feels like someone is just tickling my skin with a feather. It's up and down my legs and arms, but mainly my legs. It's never affected my hands or feet and only started this evening. I've experienced it randomly for a long time but just seems to be a bit more frequent now that I'm actually growing in size. I'll maybe give my friend a shout who works in the labour ward and might have come across it before I start to actually worry...

Inwaiting Sat 30-Jan-16 20:37:07

I've been using a hot water bottle on my calves when i go to bed and also magnesium oil. it works wonders. someone recommended it to me and i'm so glad they did! (this is towards restless legs)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now