Talk

Advanced search

Dear morning sickness...

(5 Posts)
FirstTimeInForever Sat 30-Jan-16 10:32:47

Although I am extremely grateful to be, quite miraculously, proceeding normally with pregnancy number five at 6 weeks and 6 days (two Ds's, one ruptured ectopic, one pregnancy attached to my chest wall!) I would be ever so grateful if you could take a leave of absence as you are now, quite frankly, driving me insane.

I realise that you are now quite a familiar friend given that this is now the fifth time our paths have crossed, however, in previous pregnancies, you had the decency to visit for an hour or so in the morning and then presumably, take an extended nap until the following morning. I therefore, cannot fathom, why, during this visit, you feel the need to stay for the entirety of my waking hours and even at some points during my much needed sleeping period also.

I would also like to question your need to make your presence felt following my ingestion of every single food based item. Please explain your distaste at the apple I consumed merely 15 minutes ago as I felt this would be largely inoffensive to you, however, said apple is now making its way into the local sewer system.

In conclusion, I would like to express my burning desire for you to, not to beat around the bush, do one!

Kind regards
FTiF

Mslg Sat 30-Jan-16 11:58:17

Oh dear, it really must be driving you up the wall if you're writing open letters!

Flowersonthewall Sat 30-Jan-16 12:00:48

I feel the same. I'm nearly 17 weeks and one inocuous glass of ribena had resulted in a very colourful toilet bowl ..why? just why!! I should be blooming now shouldn't I?

MrsPCR Sat 30-Jan-16 12:12:49

I'm 32 weeks.... At least this time when I tell myself 8 weeks til it should pass it actually will unlike when I naively thought this at 4 weeks....

Hang in there. Some days I found tougher emotionally than others and that rather than the actual vom was more difficult to deal with. I found it did gradually improve and at about 22 weeks DH pointed out I know longer went running in the middle of dinner!! I went to see the doctor at 16 weeks. The tablets helped for a few days, then I think my body learnt to beat them. I was grateful for the few days off! The next tablets helped a bit too, but again, my body soon beat them!!

There are still days when I sit on the bathroom floor sobbing uncontrollably post vom.

FirstTimeInForever Sat 30-Jan-16 15:32:44

Thanks ladies. I know I'm not alone with this problem but it's comforting to hear it from others!

It gets slightly better by the afternoon but when I feel so rough, I just want to sleep, which isn't an option when dealing to with two small children and running a business.

Oh well, I'm just hoping that it won't last too long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now