Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38+5 having ALOT of green stringy discharge..

(8 Posts)
Newlywed123 Fri 29-Jan-16 09:56:05

Has anyone else had this? Could it still be my plug coming away? I had the midwife Wednesday afternoon so I know it isn't a UTI. Consultant asked if my discharge was normal and I said yes for some reason (had a really hectic day so was exhausted).. No excuse really.

It started Wednesday night. Sorry for TMI but every time I go to the toilet there is ALOT of it it green and stringy, takes me a at least 3 wipes to clear it up. What could it be?

originalusernamefail Fri 29-Jan-16 10:00:40

When I lost my plug with DS1 and 2 it was clear / very pale yellow both times and not stringy it just appeared like a lump of jelly (tmi). The green colour would concern me as possible evidence of infection. Maybe give the labour ward / MAU a call?

ButterIsAngelSpunk Fri 29-Jan-16 10:10:44

Kind of disgusting but I got this all the way through my pregnancy if I'd had sex and DP had 'finished' inside me. I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that semen has a hormone in it that will cause the cervix to slightly dilate so I always assumed I was losing small amounts of my mucous plug after sex.

Newlywed123 Fri 29-Jan-16 10:29:08

Going to call just to be on the safe side. Just need to see of my MIL can come so I can borrow her phone as mine is broke angry

I've not had this before. I've just been treated for a UTI.

LumpySpaceCow Fri 29-Jan-16 11:34:25

Green could be meconium. Could your waters br leaking? Ring them!

Newlywed123 Fri 29-Jan-16 15:23:09

I rung.. as I fell down the stairs not king after. They monitored baby. Asked about the discharge and said right ok.. left and heard nothing else on the matter. Baby is very content

Luckygirlcharlie Fri 29-Jan-16 16:32:33

Sounds like mine looked! Still waited another 2 weeks and needed induction so was a big old anticlimax!

Newlywed123 Fri 29-Jan-16 16:42:28

Baby is very content and comfortable, think I'll be waiting a couple more weeks. As long as baby is happy then it's fine by me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now